a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security for Harry and Meghan.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I am delighted that President Trump has declined to allow the American taxpayer to fund their security. Mr. Wales has let down the monarchy, HM The Queen and deserted from the Royal Marines in his honorary post of Captain General.
He can fund his own family's security and I for one have no time for him whatsoever. He remains a deserter.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I think he's actually taken a leave of absence, if that is the correct term. He's got a year to think it over. As for his security, it's the same as in Canada, he has not asked anyone, government ,to look after them, They have got private security. I don't know, he certainly answered the call when he was serving.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I am delighted that President Trump has declined to allow the American taxpayer to fund their security. Mr. Wales has let down the monarchy, HM The Queen and deserted from the Royal Marines in his honorary post of Captain General.
He can fund his own family's security and I for one have no time for him whatsoever. He remains a deserter.
Yes, not a dime. They had obligation to their country, that is Prince Harry. The little Gold Digger derailed all of that.

I think he's actually taken a leave of absence, if that is the correct term. He's got a year to think it over. As for his security, it's the same as in Canada, he has not asked anyone, government ,to look after them, They have got private security. I don't know, he certainly answered the call when he was serving.
Agree Joe, the Prince served two Combat tours in Afghanistan, on the ground and in the air in an Apache Attack Helicopter.

kkillert0fu

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
These two have no idea what they are in for. The LA paparazzi are absolutely relentless and ruthless and they take no pity whatsoever. It wouldn't surprise me if LA paparazzi have real time intelligence type networks that can rival any government agency. Nobody in LA wants them either. Surrounded in a sea of other high profile celebrities, their novelty will quickly fade. They will literally be the Royal Kardashian equivalent. Even Beyonce was giving them major eye roll at an event not too long ago where they were trying schmooze up to a big Disney mogul. And Beyonce is the real queen of LA, hah! Meghan will end up as a daytime talk show host and low end cosmetic/fashion designer, and William probably a real estate mogul just to keep some semblance of professionalism in his life and because that's about all he'll be able to do to seem legitimate. Their reality show will spike in ratings for a few years, and than that will fade not long after. They have no idea what it's like out there, how fake people are. How quickly friendships dissolve once you can no longer offer anything of relevance to anybody of relevance. And they'll start palling around with other has been celebrities by the end of the decade, other has been celebrities who will benefit from hanging out with them, but certainly not the other way around. It boggles my mind how Harry could be so short sighted about all of this.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
These two have no idea what they are in for. The LA paparazzi are absolutely relentless and ruthless and they take no pity whatsoever. It wouldn't surprise me if LA paparazzi have real time intelligence type networks that can rival any government agency. Nobody in LA wants them either. Surrounded in a sea of other high profile celebrities, their novelty will quickly fade. They will literally be the Royal Kardashian equivalent. Even Beyonce was giving them major eye roll at an event not too long ago where they were trying schmooze up to a big Disney mogul. And Beyonce is the real queen of LA, hah! Meghan will end up as a daytime talk show host and low end cosmetic/fashion designer, and William probably a real estate mogul just to keep some semblance of professionalism in his life and because that's about all he'll be able to do to seem legitimate. Their reality show will spike in ratings for a few years, and than that will fade not long after. They have no idea what it's like out there, how fake people are. How quickly friendships dissolve once you can no longer offer anything of relevance to anybody of relevance. And they'll start palling around with other has been celebrities by the end of the decade, other has been celebrities who will benefit from hanging out with them, but certainly not the other way around. It boggles my mind how Harry could be so short sighted about all of this.
From what I can gather, their whole idea is to fade from the limelight. As for Harry, he has been in the limelight from a very early age. I saw a Doc where he was literally given no choice to follow the horse drawn coffin of his mother through thousands of of people lining the streets of London. Not to mention the Millions on TV.
Let's be fair, they have been on the front pages of a lot of newspapers and magazines. If anyone did not know what it would be like to be a Royal, it was Meghan. She would be invited to the galas and the award ceremonies, I'm not sure if Suits was ever nominated for anything, but she would have received an invitation. A few photos is some dress which highlighted her figure (she's not my type at all) and that would be it. Now she will be watched for her every mistake. I can only imagine if the two of them have a disagreement in public!
I'm quite sure that Boyonce has nothing to worry about as long as she's still got her youth and figure and jewelry. To give my opinion, Harry should have waited a while before having the big public wedding to see if his wife to be could handle the pressure. When it became too much for her is when he should have stepped down. And then they should have gotten married, in private and paid for by the future Brides' parents, which I believe is the custom.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
I am delighted that President Trump has declined to allow the American taxpayer to fund their security. (...)
The funniest thing is that they (I mean Prince Harry and his wife) have never asked anything from the US authorities re their protection. It seems like the whole controversy started with a tweet by Pdt Trump (one in hundreds), using the old straw man rethoric: create a false problem and show how good you are at solving it, while it didn't exist in the first place :rolleyes: ...

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
We all who served as did Harry swore an oath of allegiance to H.M.The Queen.

Harry preferred to inform Elton John about his decision to leave the UK even before the Queen his grandmother. A very poor show indeed.

America is welcome to him. It will all end in disaster.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
The funniest thing is that they (I mean Prince Harry and his wife) have never asked anything from the US authorities re their protection. It seems like the whole controversy started with a tweet by Pdt Trump (one in hundreds), using the old straw man rethoric: create a false problem and show how good you are at solving it, while it didn't exist in the first place :rolleyes: ...
The Canadian government will no longer fund Harry and Meghan's protection, if the Royals relinquish their titles. Other than that, the Canadian government is obligated to provide security for all Royals.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
The Canadian government will no longer fund Harry and Meghan's protection, if the Royals relinquish their titles. Other than that, the Canadian government is obligated to provide security for all Royals.
Yes, but as you know, historically the relationship between the UK and Canada is not exactly the same as the one with the USA... Correct me if I'm wrong, but you still have the portrait of HM The Queen Elizabeth II on some of your Canadian dollars banknotes, no? That problem wouldn't have existed if Montcalm had won on the Plains of Abraham... :D

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but as you know, historically the relationship between the UK and Canada is not exactly the same as the one with the USA... Correct me if I'm wrong, but you still have the portrait of HM The Queen Elizabeth II on some of your Canadian dollars banknotes, no? That problem wouldn't have existed if Montcalm had won in the Plains of Abraham... :D
Ah but Montcalm did not win !;)However the French thrashed us in several battles.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Yes, but as you know, historically the relationship between the UK and Canada is not exactly the same as the one with the USA... Correct me if I'm wrong, but you still have the portrait of HM The Queen Elizabeth II on some of your Canadian dollars banknotes, no? That problem wouldn't have existed if Montcalm had won in the Plains of Abraham... :D
Yes, but that will most likely end when Queen Elizabeth II's reign ends (not that I care one way or the other).

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
We all who served as did Harry swore an oath of allegiance to H.M.The Queen.
You still do that in the UK :) ? I don't believe much of younger generations still truly believe in that out as you do Chas.
Don't get me wrong, there is still a lot fine young man who love their country and are ready to die for it but i'm not quite sure they thinking about 93 yr old granny with crown while doing that.

Harry preferred to inform Elton John about his decision to leave the UK even before the Queen his grandmother. A very poor show indeed.
“Indeed” I think that is most English word in English language. :)
So Harry is the trouble maker in the royal family, but Prince Andrew is just fine? I don't get it.
Yes, but that will most likely end when Queen Elizabeth II's reign ends (not that I care one way or the other).
50 years from now? :)

Crawdad

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
They'd have gotten the best of us eventually, cousin. If not on the Plains of Abraham, then later somewhere else. It was inevitable. They had local numerical superiority, Naval supremacy, and most of all, les bougres were, and still are, hell in a fight. Which is why they've been our rivals since sometime after 1066. Steel sharpens steel, after all. Book of Proverbs, chapter 27, verse 17.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Dusaboss,

I have great respect for H.M. the Queen and her husband for their magnificent service to our country. Internationally they have also earned respect. I have no respect for the failed Marine Edward and none whatsoever for the hubristic and sexual parasite Andrew. I am not over keen on Prince Charles. Anne has been superb with good works. Time will tell with William and Kate. However there are far too many parasites and hangers on in the younger generation.
I believe that when the Queen dies there need to be radical changes. There has been and is too much deference given to the Monarchy. We do not need a Presidential system (I could not envisage a ghastly President Blair). We simply need a figurehead who can be respected.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Dusaboss,

I have great respect for H.M. the Queen and her husband for their magnificent service to our country. Internationally they have also earned respect. I have no respect for the failed Marine Edward and none whatsoever for the hubristic and sexual parasite Andrew. I am not over keen on Prince Charles. Anne has been superb with good works. Time will tell with William and Kate. However there are far too many parasites and hangers on in the younger generation.
I believe that when the Queen dies there need to be radical changes. There has been and is too much deference given to the Monarchy. We do not need a Presidential system (I could not envisage a ghastly President Blair). We simply need a figurehead who can be respected.
Agree. Have much respect for her majesty the queen. Bloody disappointed in Harry but women do strange things to a man! 🤔💋🥰 I shall say no more! For the rest? Charles an idiot who preferred a Rottweiler to Diana! Andrew a sexual pervert. Edward Who thought he was a Royal marine then got scared of the water!😱 and so on. I think the monarchy will survive when her majesty dies. But like you said Charles there needs to be changes in the Royal family. People are sick and tired of the hangers on and leeches that belong to this dynasty. But would the brits be ready for a president Boris?🤔 just the bloody hair would put me off!😉