a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selection standards.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I plan on going to Aubagne by the 17th this month. Just trying to get my minor cavity taken care of first.
Pushups 60
Situps 50
Pullups 12
Luc leger 7 or 8 depending on how the level is selected. I make it past 7 and to the start of 8. This is at 4400ft elevation in 22 Fahrenheit. 5'11 @190 pounds. I was a body builder but have dropped 18 pounds this month to increase my cardio. I was 208 pounds. I'm trading my strength for cardio. Is this enough to be considered for selection. Is there anything else I should be aware of.

IRL_legion

Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
I plan on going to Aubagne by the 17th this month. Just trying to get my minor cavity taken care of first.
Pushups 60
Situps 50
Pullups 12
Luc leger 7 or 8 depending on how the level is selected. I make it past 7 and to the start of 8. This is at 4400ft elevation in 22 Fahrenheit. 5'11 @190 pounds. I was a body builder but have dropped 18 pounds this month to increase my cardio. I was 208 pounds. I'm trading my strength for cardio. Is this enough to be considered for selection. Is there anything else I should be aware of.

I'm in no position to say for sure but I reckon it is enough, although we read all the time about guys that are really good physically and still get turned away so don't put all the emphasis on being the best physically. Practice your French, if your not already fluent, and be eager and switched on when you're there and I'd say you'll have as good a chance as anybody else there. Either way keep us updated and best of luck.

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Pushups 60
Situps 50
Pullups 12

Something the anciens and legionnaires will tell you is that your physicality is only 1 part of the selection process

Your stats are fine, just keep training and improving. Get to next Luc Leger level, add a few pull ups on there. Your push ups seem plenty, but why not train to go to 70

What really matters is your reason for being there. Saw you got a DUI, and you want to be a soldier again. Sounds like a perfect reason for wanting to be in the Legion to me

And the psychotechnical test, and the logic test. You crazy? You stupid? I don't think you're either of those, so you're good

Just don't focus so much on the physical aspects, there's going to be physical specimens who won't make it, and starving 3rd world guys who do make it. All about the determination and reason

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Can anyone confirm if I get to lvl 8 am I scored an 8, or do I have to complete 8 which would show 9 to have an 8 score

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I have never compared altitudes, in training at 4400ft elevation. With aubagne being sea level, will I increase my score potentially?

Reaction score
Home Country
Vatican City State
I have never compared altitudes, in training at 4400ft elevation. With aubagne being sea level, will I increase my score potentially?
I think you'll find that the minute differences it makes training at high elevation, training with a stupid mask, training by breathing through a straw, and training in general makes such a little difference unless you are going for a world record.

Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Probably not, I live on a mountain in Australia and I trained pretty high up, I noticed no difference when I went to France. Unless you're training on Mt. bloody Everest your elevation won't count for anything.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Probably not, I live on a mountain in Australia and I trained pretty high up, I noticed no difference when I went to France. Unless you're training on Mt. bloody Everest your elevation won't count for anything.
Thanks, I live in nevada. Its desert / mountains. That's why I asked.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Dax.McKnight,

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with you enlistment. Please whenever possible keep us informed as to your progress.

Chas Green Beret- 99% need not apply.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Just take into account the temperature. I'm just going to check the weather in Navada and the weather in the south of France. Stay tuned to this channel.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
There doesn't seem to be too much of a difference at this time of the year. So you will have time to acclimatize.
I'm just wondering what the big attraction for going over the Yuletide period is? If it is to your and the others (because there are a couple of others) advantage all the better. Just keep you head down and get on with it. Don't be taken in by all the jovial festive mood, remember that they are already in and you still have a ways to go.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Just don't focus so much on the physical aspects, there's going to be physical specimens who won't make it, and starving 3rd world guys who do make it. All about the determination and reason

I would be thankful if you and others stop using that "3rd world" expression.
Do you guys know what does actually mean ? After WW2 world has splitted to Western and Eastern bloc. Some countries (many of them) didn't want to sign to any of those two side. Large number of those countries with mine (Yugoslavia) in lead established Non-Aligned Movement in 1961 so they can easier resist imperialistic tendencies of those 2 major blocks.

If look at map one can see how big part of world that was. Unfortunately many of those courts where poor so 3rd world country also become expression for poverty.
My country wasn't that bad. We were living better than probably all countries in Eastern bloc and even better than some Western.
Term lost meaning after fall of Berlin wall and during 90s when bloc separataion ceased to exist. I mean guys, its end of 2018 and some of us still baying cold war era BS

My point is: term is derogatory, discriminatory and simple ugly. So please it would be nice not to be used.

When came to political correctness this forum turn to be very strict, but looks that are implemented only on certain categoris of discrimination

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Can anyone confirm if I get to lvl 8 am I scored an 8, or do I have to complete 8 which would show 9 to have an 8 score
I will confirm this. First off I got in at 212 lbs, bigger stats than you and all that, WHATEVER. Second, I personally went to Castel with an Australian who is now a trans in 2reg who made it level 5, and could not do 3 pullups. At the end of 4RE( I was 2CIE ,S1) on our absolute FINALS of everything, HE BOMBED the P.O. at the Table. He could never ever get his leg up and over the table to get over it. HE NEVER did, nor ever made more than 3 Pullups, and he not ONLY got in, but was pushed on through to 2REG. YES, OTHER factors are always at play. Hence, he is a transman now..

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I would be thankful if you and others stop using that "3rd world" expression.
Do you guys know what does actually mean ? After WW2 world has splitted to Western and Eastern bloc. Some countries (many of them) didn't want to sign to any of those two side. Large number of those countries with mine (Yugoslavia) in lead established Non-Aligned Movement in 1961 so they can easier resist imperialistic tendencies of those 2 major blocks.

If look at map one can see how big part of world that was. Unfortunately many of those courts where poor so 3rd world country also become expression for poverty.
My country wasn't that bad. We were living better than probably all countries in Eastern bloc and even better than some Western.
Term lost meaning after fall of Berlin wall and during 90s when bloc separataion ceased to exist. I mean guys, its end of 2018 and some of us still baying cold war era BS

My point is: term is derogatory, discriminatory and simple ugly. So please it would be nice not to be used.

When came to political correctness this forum turn to be very strict, but looks that are implemented only on certain categoris of discrimination
Dude, you are a third world retard. Kinda like those radio active wild boars that run wild all over Chernobyl.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dude, you are a third world retard. Kinda like those radio active wild boars that run wild all over Chernobyl.

Haha :) ...... yeah. You showing your knowledge right here. WTF are connections between Serbia and Chernobyl?

Unfortunately that's pattern of thinking of some (not all for sure, and hopefully not too many) Americans here. It goes like this : 3rd world country - Serbia - Russia - Chernobyl disaster. Any of those terms have almost no connection between them whatsoever.

And then you say "radio active wild boars that run wild all over Chernobyl. " :). Man, it's obvious that your knowledge on subject coming from video game S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (BTW, Good game which I highly recommending along with similar Metro 2033 )

Please Thomas. In some cases Silence is truly golden, but I forgive you this with assumption that you only wanted to make a joke.

Reaction score
Home Country
Vatican City State
Radio active goats produce pasturised milk and their butt holes glow in the dark
And they say the water has begun to turn amphibians into homosexuals.

I'm just wondering what the big attraction for going over the Yuletide period is?
Perhaps they believe joining close to Christmas gets them a few weeks break after selection due to Christmas holiday.

Apparently some other times in the year (Spring summer) gets crowded and competition is tough. Someone mentioned to arrive on Monday or god forbid Sunday, so you'll go civil or be accepted by end of the week.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
And they say the water has begun to turn amphibians into homosexuals.

Actually this more serious issue than it looks.

And gay frogs or even people or not worst thing, pesticide causing so many troubles that nobody talking about or even did not discovered yet.

I guess that is price we are paying for cheap food. (yes food is cheaper much cheaper than ever before) but do we have to pay greed of that multinational companies who became so powerful that soon nobody couldn't do anything against them?

They Turning the Freaking Frogs Gay !

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Haha :) ...... yeah. You showing your knowledge right here. WTF are connections between Serbia and Chernobyl?

Unfortunately that's pattern of thinking of some (not all for sure, and hopefully not too many) Americans here. It goes like this : 3rd world country - Serbia - Russia - Chernobyl disaster. Any of those terms have almost no connection between them whatsoever.

And then you say "radio active wild boars that run wild all over Chernobyl. " :). Man, it's obvious that your knowledge on subject coming from video game S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (BTW, Good game which I highly recommending along with similar Metro 2033 )

Please Thomas. In some cases Silence is truly golden, but I forgive you this with assumption that you only wanted to make a joke.
It is called an analogy sweat pea. Lastly, dont you ever use ANY first name that you think is mine. We are not friends and for my security and the legions, keep your f*cking mouth shut about ANYONE, ones first name, unless you have the expressed written consent, and I DO NOT consent to any.

Last edited by a moderator: