a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION Self Defense

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Good Morning Everyone,
My name is Tika, and first and foremost I would like to say thank you for accepting me into the forum.
So a little introduction from me. I’m 26 years old and hail from the US of A. I’ve been interested in the Legion for a few years now, and just recently decided that the Legion is truly what I need in order to get a second chance at life. I don’t want to go to much into detail, as I know these forums are public. The only people who need the full truth are the Gestapo and I, and I plan on being 100% honest, contrary to what others suggest online.
Anyhow, I’ve searched the forums and other sites for information on a particular question I have, and so far to no avail. I would like to hear advice from Anciens and serving legionnaires, but any advice is greatly appreciated.
It is well known the Legion does not accept those who have committed “Blood Crimes” such as Murder, however, what is their stance on those who have taken the life of another in a legitimate scenario of Self Defense? In this certain circumstance, a man who defended himself and others from an armed home invasion, in which he shot and killed a man in Self Defense.
This person did everything within the boundaries of the law, and was never charged with a crime. The Jury decided that no crimes where committed and he was never in jail or put on trial. Would the Legion still view this as a Blood Crime? Or does this person still have the opportunity to be selected and join the Legion?
Thank you all for reading, and a bigger thanks to those who respond. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Good Morning Everyone,
My name is Tika, and first and foremost I would like to say thank you for accepting me into the forum.
So a little introduction from me. I’m 26 years old and hail from the US of A. I’ve been interested in the Legion for a few years now, and just recently decided that the Legion is truly what I need in order to get a second chance at life. I don’t want to go to much into detail, as I know these forums are public. The only people who need the full truth are the Gestapo and I, and I plan on being 100% honest, contrary to what others suggest online.
Anyhow, I’ve searched the forums and other sites for information on a particular question I have, and so far to no avail. I would like to hear advice from Anciens and serving legionnaires, but any advice is greatly appreciated.
It is well known the Legion does not accept those who have committed “Blood Crimes” such as Murder, however, what is their stance on those who have taken the life of another in a legitimate scenario of Self Defense? In this certain circumstance, a man who defended himself and others from an armed home invasion, in which he shot and killed a man in Self Defense.
This person did everything within the boundaries of the law, and was never charged with a crime. The Jury decided that no crimes where committed and he was never in jail or put on trial. Would the Legion still view this as a Blood Crime? Or does this person still have the opportunity to be selected and join the Legion?
Thank you all for reading, and a bigger thanks to those who respond. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
without a conviction why would you tell them such a thing? I can tell you from my US Marine Experience most disqualified for life provide the information no one would have ever known about. I see a huge red flag here and if you do bring it up you better bring Ironclad documentation for no conviction

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
without a conviction why would you tell them such a thing? I can tell you from my US Marine Experience most disqualified for life provide the information no one would have ever known about. I see a huge red flag here and if you do bring it up you better bring Ironclad documentation for no conviction
Well the reason said person would need to disclose it is for the fact it can be easily found as soon as you google their name. Plenty of news articles on the situation. Also, it’s a huge motivation for leaving and joining the legion, as the intruder was a higher level gang member and his gang has threatened and made multiple attempts of getting revenge. It truly is a matter of life and death for this person to be accepted. They do have plenty of documents proving they committed no crime, and actually saved the lives of others. So there’s no issue with proving it wasn’t malicious.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Well the reason said person would need to disclose it is for the fact it can be easily found as soon as you google their name. Plenty of news articles on the situation. Also, it’s a huge motivation for leaving and joining the legion, as the intruder was a higher level gang member and his gang has threatened and made multiple attempts of getting revenge. It truly is a matter of life and death for this person to be accepted. They do have plenty of documents proving they committed no crime, and actually saved the lives of others. So there’s no issue with proving it wasn’t malicious.
I'd highly suggest you bring ironclad documentation, I seriously doubt the gang thing will fly, they are into blood crimes, drugs, and other things. I'd find a way to not disclose.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
The legion can only check so much info. As I've said often enough, get your story straight and stick to it. I'll now add; there is no point in telling them anything which cannot be verified.
His tattoos would give him away.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I'd highly suggest you bring ironclad documentation, I seriously doubt the gang thing will fly, they are into blood crimes, drugs, and other things. I'd find a way to not disclose.
The legion can only check so much info. As I've said often enough, get your story straight and stick to it. I'll now add; there is no point in telling them anything which cannot be verified.

His tattoos would give him away.
Thank you both for your answers, it’s much appreciated. Just to clarify, the invader was the gangster, not the person who defended his house and friends. The man who died was involved with a gang and his fellow members want to get revenge on the man who was just defending his property. I guess they just expected him to roll over and die instead of defending himself. Just goes to show that intelligence and abiding the law is a concept that many struggle with here in the States. 🙄

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Struggling my ass kill the worthless that will never change zero remorse, not a GD ounce

USMCRET

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
If you struggle with home evasion and pulling a trigger, consider something else. When it comes to what Joe, the Greens, or any of us have been trained to do a moment’s hesitation will kill you or your brothers. Sight alignment, sight picture, and squeeze, head down on the barrel both eyes open and your round will find the mark