a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Self Intro...

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Vietnam
...since Joseph wanted new people to introduce themselves in a post back in New Year. I have been lurking around the forum for quite a few years now without actually posting anything, so I thought I should finally say hi.

I am a 19-year-old from Asia (not sure if the flag on the left is displayed correctly but anyway). I am studying for a bachelor's degree in Europe. As far as I am aware, I do not have any disability that could prevent me from joining. I could certainly improve my fitness before I graduate and knock on the door at Aubagne in 2023, especially the long-distance march with a rucksack and the Luc Leger test.

I don't know what else to put here, so ask away, I suppose. I am very busy these days with classes and college, but I will try to get back to you ASAP.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello and welcome Nein³, that certainly seems like a negative attitude that you've got there :ROFLMAO:. I'm on form lads ;).
What should the flag display, at the moment it's showing Vietnam?

With the restrictions you can't really get out on long hikes. However once it's over, and it will be over, eventually. Then I suggest that you get yourself a rucksack and a pair of boots and hit the hills. Perhaps you could take some of your study materiel with you. Set off early and keep marching until 1 o'clock then eat your packed meal. Why 1 o'clock? Because you will be in the habit of eating at midday, which is not always the case in the legion. Get in an hour's studying and then go back.

This alone will be good training for the legion, as there are often lessons while in the field during basic. You could even take a map & compass with you, it's all good training.

As for the Luc leger, you have no excuse. nothing better to do cropped.png You're not going to tell me that you cannot find a space 20 metres long in a park or even on a quiet road.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Vietnam
Hi Joseph, it seems the flag display is working correctly.

Actually, over here the pandemic is controlled very successfully. Its effects on daily life are almost non-existent, except for the masks and occasional "imported" cases from abroad which makes us go on a temporary lockdown.

Your suggested plan for the Luc Leger and the hike sounds great, I might as well start trying next week. Not so sure about the hills though, hard to do that when I'm living in a multi-million people city. Actual hills would have to wait until I get back to the college campus next semester.

This also wouldn't be the first time I try out the Luc Leger. I started doing cross country running since high school and also asked my P.E. teacher to test me with the Luc Leger.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
NeinNein Nein,

Welcome to the forum. Get as fluent as possible in French and take notice of the Green's input.

Good luck and ; "Ne pas subir" as the French commandos say.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Good luck and ; "Ne pas subir" as the French commandos say.
It is also the motto of 4ème RE, or Castel for those who are joining but haven't bothered to look into the history of the regiment where they will be doing their training.

Most viewed threads of the week