a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service rifle of the Foreign Legion?

Reaction score
Home Country
Wales
Has the FL been issued with the new HK-416's yet or are they still using the FAMAS variants?

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
A mix from what I read , some still have the FAMAS , use the search feature and you`ll find a lot more info.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
From what our man Guido was telling me, the issue weapon in Castel is the FAMAS but they are (obviously) learning and shooting the HK, As Surfguy says use the search feature and you will see more. Either way, all the regiments will be learning/continue learning about both weapons.

Reaction score
Home Country
Wales
yh the reason i asked about that was the previous threads have been out of date by a few months so i was wondering if anything has changed since it was confirmed in july (i believe)

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Both are being used, there's not that many going around just yet as the whole replacement process is said to take about 10 years, the French ordered 100 000 HKs so thats 10 000 rifles a year. Also the FAMAS is not going away anytime soon, 100 000 is not enough for all branches and then Reserves.

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
From what our man Guido was telling me, the issue weapon in Castel is the FAMAS but they are (obviously) learning and shooting the HK, As Surfguy says use the search feature and you will see more. Either way, all the regiments will be learning/continue learning about both weapons.

You heard from Guido??

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
A couple of weeks ago. They were up in the Pyrénées mountains learning to ski (among other things). They were allowed to have their phones. I had texted him afterwards a few questions, the only one he wrote back to was “did the ‘Gestapo’ ask you about Cervens?” He replied “No. They only asked me if I had a facebook account.” To which he replied he had not.