a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short guy & Recruitment

mjcyy2zz

Reaction score
Home Country
Taiwan
Greetings gentlemen. I'm a short guy (165cm) from east-asia, slightly short sight and weight 60kg now. I wonder if the chance i get accepted will be very small?

Thanks for all answer.

rashisan

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
Hello,
Jet Li is 1.68m and he is still in action. What i am saying is that i have never heard of such rule about the height.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Greetings gentlemen. I'm a short guy (165cm) from east-asia, slightly short sight and weight 60kg now. I wonder if the chance i get accepted will be very small?

Thanks for all answer.

Hi 2zz, check out this official site. http://foreignlegion.info/foreign-legion-height-weight-requirements/. I get 18.2 which is not good enough.
If you have any other question do not hesitate to post them. There is always some who can give advice unless it is professional medical or legal aid.

rashisan

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
He have BMI 22 which is perfect and if he is fit there is no problem to try his luck at the FFL

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

Thanks for all answer.

Man, you are not short at all. Maybe little below average, but nothing to worry about

mjcyy2zz

Reaction score
Home Country
Taiwan
He have BMI 22 which is perfect and if he is fit there is no problem to try his luck at the FFL
Thanks rashian.

Hi 2zz, check out this official site. http://foreignlegion.info/foreign-legion-height-weight-requirements/. I get 18.2 which is not good enough.
If you have any other question do not hesitate to post them. There is always some who can give advice unless it is professional medical or legal aid.
Thank you Joseph.

Man, you are not short at all. Maybe little below average, but nothing to worry about
Thank you for the kind words dusaboss :).

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
mcyy2zz,

I am having a quick break and taking a quick look in at the forum. Rest assured your height is of no consequence. With dogged determination you can succeed. (Ne pas subir). As a point of interest the USMC height requirement is 4'10" to 6'8". There have been some short Americanised Koreans serving with low height. There was a photo in my Corps magazine.
I was slightly over the minimum height requirement (1956) for the Royal Marines at 5'6" and a tad. I was 17 and 3 weeks old. After training I became a veritable giant at just 5'7".
Rest assured it is all in the mind. Carpe Diem. You can do it.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

mjcyy2zz

Reaction score
Home Country
Taiwan
mcyy2zz,

I am having a quick break and taking a quick look in at the forum. Rest assured your height is of no consequence. With dogged determination you can succeed. (Ne pas subir). As a point of interest the USMC height requirement is 4'10" to 6'8". There have been some short Americanised Koreans serving with low height. There was a photo in my Corps magazine.
I was slightly over the minimum height requirement (1956) for the Royal Marines at 5'6" and a tad. I was 17 and 3 weeks old. After training I became a veritable giant at just 5'7".
Thank you Chas!

I was not trying to be kind, but it's OK if you got it that way :). I was realistic, you're little below average height especially for your country. With 183 cm I'm little below average height for my (half) Dinaric descent :) . Looks like we (hillbillies from ex-Yu) hold a record for tallest people on planet. :cool:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_average_human_height_worldwide
Sorry for my improper English, maybe i replied in a wrong way :). But thank you any way. Europeans are pretty tall compared to most East Asians, sometimes I feel jealous about that haha.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I can assure you, and maybe the legion doesn't entirely know what a midget is, BUT...
There is a Mongolian Midget in my regiment in the 4th company. Cute little sucker and looks like a just like that neon green teletubbie. Frightful too, oddly.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I can assure you, and maybe the legion doesn't entirely know what a midget is, BUT...
There is a Mongolian Midget in my regiment in the 4th company. Cute little sucker and looks like a just like that neon green teletubbie. Frightful too, oddly.

Holly Shit, I can imagine the fun you guys have with him

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
mcyy2zz,

Yes Chas and they have to be tough, they are always on the little end of formation, so on forced marches they run almost the entire distance

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yea, he is a fun little sucker. Almost wonder where you put the batteries in that little dude.