a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• WARNING

We have been alerted of inappropriate behaviours on the forum. We firmly condamn any form of agressivity, harassment, threats etc...
    Members will be banned if they don't follow the rules (see rules agreement during registration setup)

QUESTION Should I wait or go?

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
My Mistake on the Paris part. You said that you were told to come back after X months, what is that a roman numeral for 10 months? Can you be a bit more specific

Where exactly did you leave off? According to you, you did an initial IQ test and had an initial medical test. Which brings me back to my original question concerning the Covid 19 situation.
again nothing specific, you just say

At the height of the Covid 19 alert in France.
If you are genuine (which I don't think you are) you will answer these questions.
15 months.... I left before the sports test (luc leger and pull ups) right after my first small interview, so between the interview and sports test.... the iq test was quite lengthy and extensive and it was on a computer. Medical was also lengthy and included a swab test. I never had any issues related to covid 19 in my time in france so im not sure that i follow...? My temperature was measured with a digital thermometer at arrival and i had to wear a mask but all this was to be expected...? Traveling to france is relatively easy if you have negative pcr test.... its not a big deal.

what makes you think that im not genuine?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
A few months ago i went to aubagne.
well for one thing 15 months is an all time record. As well the fact that you were given the real IQ test and a proper medical while still in Paradise. That is a lot of money and time for someone who is in limbo. Can you be a little more specific on the times? Re-reading your post, it gives the impression that it all happened within a an afternoon :rolleyes:. This could be beneficiary for someone else who is going to join. Were you not made to do pull ups and given the basic IQ test at the door?
What about quarantine, I'm curious to know what measures were put into place?
But getting back to the length of time (what rank was he? Don't tell me that you don't know, because you know too much of the legion system, Castel, going rouge etc.) Did the legionnaire just come out with the date off the top of his head?

A lot of the new guys may be asking why I'm badgering you for these details. It is because we have had in the past a number of trolls, the two worst which come to mind are Martin Scott and Loustic. Both giving advice to the new comers which they had gleamed from here, YouTube and Facebook.
So If you could clear up some of my questions, it would reassure me.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
well for one thing 15 months is an all time record. As well the fact that you were given the real IQ test and a proper medical while still in Paradise. That is a lot of money and time for someone who is in limbo. Can you be a little more specific on the times? Re-reading your post, it gives the impression that it all happened within a an afternoon :rolleyes:. This could be beneficiary for someone else who is going to join. Were you not made to do pull ups and given the basic IQ test at the door?
But getting back to the length of time (what rank was he? Don't tell me that you don't know, because you know too much of the legion system, Castel, going rouge etc.) Did the legionnaire just come out with the date off the top of his head?

A lot of the new guys may be asking why I'm badgering you for these details. It is because we have had in the past a number of trolls, the two worst which come to mind are Martin Scott and Loustic. Both giving advice to the new comers which they had gleamed from here, YouTube and Facebook.
I second that Joe think a few of us are on troll alert and with good reason, unfortunately it’s the way it is now with the internet those that are genuine won’t be alarmed the bits of 💩that troll need a life and not one in the Legion so move on and have a good day!

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden

I showed up early in the morning.... when i got there they had put out a few chairs, one was unoccupied and i took a seat. I am guessing we were 5 - 7 sitting and waiting at this point. The door would open, one person would walk out, take a seat or just stand somewhere nearby, and another one would be called in.... we individually walked in and out of the door several times within the span of a few hours... passport and bags were checked, lots of sitting and waiting.... no pull ups.. and yes i was given a very short and basic iq test (10 minutes for a handful of questions)... I left out many of the details because i didnt want to bore people.... Eventually we were all rounded up and walked through the gate in a single file line.... we get to paradise (enclosed area with a tent in the middle and chairs to sit on along with a ''trailer'' of some sort which was partially used for storing our luggage...), chitchat with some of the people there, sit, wait, walk a little..... Day 1 - real iq test, as you put it and day 2 - medical (including a long medical form we all had to fill out) along with the interview afterwards...

The rank of the person conducting the interview... i honestly cant tell you but i would have to guess cch? I went into the room multiple times and he did tell me that he had to ''consult'' someone before he could give me a date. I was in paradise when he came out the main entrance of the building and told me i could return in 15 months and asked me if i wanted to proceed....

and there was no quarantine....?

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I showed up early in the morning.... when i got there they had put out a few chairs, one was unoccupied and i took a seat. I am guessing we were 5 - 7 sitting and waiting at this point. The door would open, one person would walk out, take a seat or just stand somewhere nearby, and another one would be called in.... we individually walked in and out of the door several times within the span of a few hours... passport and bags were checked, lots of sitting and waiting.... no pull ups.. and yes i was given a very short and basic iq test (10 minutes for a handful of questions)... I left out many of the details because i didnt want to bore people.... Eventually we were all rounded up and walked through the gate in a single file line.... we get to paradise (enclosed area with a tent in the middle and chairs to sit on along with a ''trailer'' of some sort which was partially used for storing our luggage...), chitchat with some of the people there, sit, wait, walk a little..... Day 1 - real iq test, as you put it and day 2 - medical (including a long medical form we all had to fill out) along with the interview afterwards...

The rank of the person conducting the interview... i honestly cant tell you but i would have to guess cch? I went into the room multiple times and he did tell me that he had to ''consult'' someone before he could give me a date. I was in paradise when he came out the main entrance of the building and told me i could return in 15 months and asked me if i wanted to proceed....

and there was no quarantine....?
15 months in simple terms 1 year and 3 months!!!! 3, 6,9, or 12 months never in all my life has something been delayed for 15 months what were the names of the others sat in the chair Mary and Joseph?

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
15 months in simple terms 1 year and 3 months!!!! 3, 6,9, or 12 months never in all my life has something been delayed for 15 months what were the names of the others sat in the chair Mary and Joseph?
well.... 15 months is what i was told unless i somehow got it wrong which is unlikely since my hearing is good....had i been given a paper i wouldnt mind sharing it you know.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
well.... 15 months is what i was told unless i somehow got it wrong which is unlikely since my hearing is good....had i been given a paper i wouldnt mind sharing it you know.
So what are your plans? Not looked back over the posts how far are you into your 15month retreat? What have you been up to so your in a better position invested in spoken and written French, or something else that will put you in a better position this time? When are you off and heading back to Paradise.

Reaction score
Home Country
Zimbabwe
Good morning Soso, Just read all the comments hitherto. The admin and long term greens on the site have had a rough time with idiots and trolls over the last few months especially, hence the questions and suspicions put on you. I can't see any issue with your questions or answers to be honest, its all straight forward stuff. Should you go a little earlier than the 15 months? would they care or get angry that you did not wait the full 15 months. You are fit and ready now so why not? Thats what I read in the comments. I think the best option is to follow Misko advice and write and ask or try to reach them on the phone maybe?. So I wish you good luck china and best wishes. Keep us posted. Cheers Brian.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
For me he's full of sh$t. I'd say he sounds more like Loustic (or his old man :ROFLMAO:)
Well to answer your question, Just go, tomorrow.
As their is no formal record or you have no evidence based material relating to your 15 month “ come back and have another try” I say go today no point hanging around you will now be in prime position 15 months to get supper fit, learn French research the history of the Legion learn all the marching songs they are going to be hard pressed to turn such a model recruit away!

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
As their is no formal record or you have no evidence based material relating to your 15 month “ come back and have another try” I say go today no point hanging around you will now be in prime position 15 months to get supper fit, learn French research the history of the Legion learn all the marching songs they are going to be hard pressed to turn such a model recruit away!
Pap,
No point of him hanging around. Simply Carpe Diem.
I don't believe him for one moment.
He may be 'Lazarus/Louistic' arisen from the dead to simply annoy.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Pap,
No point of him hanging around. Simply Carpe Diem.
I don't believe him for one moment.
He may be 'Lazarus/Louistic' arisen from the dead to simply annoy.
I just like the imagination so I like to keep the fire burning till the mods put it out😂

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
When will the Soso saga end ?
Well it keeps an 'old fart' namely me alive.;)

As for Martin Scott and Loustic give me my sick bag so I can vomit.
I also add DCLXVI.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I also add DCLXVI.
I am going to include him in my next video, hopefully which I'll get out on Monday. It is going to be titled (unless someone can come up with a better idea)
Are you joining the Legion in December, January or February? Some ideas.
Rather than advice.
I'll leave the tommy K@nt part as a surprise ;):unsure::whistle::giggle:
I think that it will teach him to respect the anciens a little more.