a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION Should I wait or go?

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
A few months ago i went to aubagne. I was in decent shape at the time and still am to a certain extent so i went ahead and bought a plane ticket. i also had a minor leg injury which i didnt think much of at the time (big mistake). In short.... i eventually get to the gates, my leg aching, take a seat outside, make it inside and eventually find myself in paradise. I passed the psychometric test and went through a medical examination, go back to paradise, eventually my name comes up and i have to go inside for a talk/interview.

At this point i open up about my "issue''. I am told that if I leave before the sports test (going blue) I can come back later after x amount of months. If i leave after the sports test and passing blue and/or my performance is poor i may not be able to return.... we go through some questions and i finally decide to leave. I go back to paradise and after a while im told i can come back many months later (over a year). I agree and go back to paradise again... after waiting for a while im led to the gates.... so its been a while since then and having dealt with my injury I feel that its a waste of time to wait as long as i was told to... Would they mind if i showed up this month or next? I am curious if they even took note of this as i got the impression it was done purely by word of mouth.... I was never given any papers either. I guess, what im asking is.. if I showed up tomorrow would they even know or care? Where should i go from here? I also dont want to give the impression that i am impatient and so i am slightly worried about how they might perceive me in this regard.....

I would appreciate any help and input regarding this, thank you....

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
A few months ago i went to aubagne. I was in decent shape at the time and still am to a certain extent so i went ahead and bought a plane ticket. i also had a minor leg injury which i didnt think much of at the time (big mistake). In short.... i eventually get to the gates, my leg aching, take a seat outside, make it inside and eventually find myself in paradise. I passed the psychometric test and went through a medical examination, go back to paradise, eventually my name comes up and i have to go inside for a talk/interview.

At this point i open up about my "issue''. I am told that if I leave before the sports test (going blue) I can come back later after x amount of months. If i leave after the sports test and passing blue and/or my performance is poor i may not be able to return.... we go through some questions and i finally decide to leave. I go back to paradise and after a while im told i can come back many months later (over a year). I agree and go back to paradise again... after waiting for a while im led to the gates.... so its been a while since then and having dealt with my injury I feel that its a waste of time to wait as long as i was told to... Would they mind if i showed up this month or next? I am curious if they even took note of this as i got the impression it was done purely by word of mouth.... I was never given any papers either. I guess, what im asking is.. if I showed up tomorrow would they even know or care? Where should i go from here? I also dont want to give the impression that i am impatient and so i am slightly worried about how they might perceive me in this regard.....

I believe that the Legion keeps meticulous records of people who were told to come back later.

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
I believe that the Legion keeps meticulous records of people who were told to come back later.
thats too bad but even so would they mind if i showed up earlier then expected? Would they let me in and have me continue from where i left off?

also i had hoped more people with experience would have chimed in by now but i guess activity is low these days.....?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
No wannabe travels to France to join the Légion, unless they are at their top of their form...by that i mean, health and fitness...
If only you had waited till your pin, (leg) was better before attempting
Level 7 on the Luc Léger test, beep test... with a leg wound....ffs!
Idem for a wannabe trying to join with an arm, shoulder,elbow or hand problem... who cannot pull 7 straight pull ups...
This is todays standards
As for the previous attempt and your historique file... nowadays, all is digital and your previous attempt will be ticked somewhere in a fkn X celle box some where in a serveur / cloud...
I repeat to all who want to attempt joining the Légion...
You do not go unless you are 1000%
7 pull ups level 7 on the Luc Léger test... minimum
We can advice the wannabez, and they might reply,...aye, a can do that
Caporal chef at the gate or once in Paradise might tell you different
Whatever...under no circumstance s
You request to go Civil...( you are neither civil or a légionnaire while in Paradise
NEVER
Asking to go Civil...ffs...you are not even that
A quitter...
If only you knew as much Yesterday !
L.P.C.

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
No wannabe travels to France to join the Légion, unless they are at their top of their form...by that i mean, health and fitness...
If only you had waited till your pin, (leg) was better before attempting
Level 7 on the Luc Léger test, beep test... with a leg wound....ffs!
Idem for a wannabe trying to join with an arm, shoulder,elbow or hand problem... who cannot pull 7 straight pull ups...
This is todays standards
As for the previous attempt and your historique file... nowadays, all is digital and your previous attempt will be ticked somewhere in a fkn X celle box some where in a serveur / cloud...
I repeat to all who want to attempt joining the Légion...
You do not go unless you are 1000%
7 pull ups level 7 on the Luc Léger test... minimum
We can advice the wannabez, and they might reply,...aye, a can do that
Caporal chef at the gate or once in Paradise might tell you different
Whatever...under no circumstance s
You request to go Civil...( you are neither civil or a légionnaire while in Paradise
NEVER
Asking to go Civil...ffs...you are not even that
A quitter...
If only you knew as much Yesterday !
L.P.C.
as you pointed out 7 on the luc leger is the bare minimum (not a good result) and i am 100% certain i would have reached it had i chosen to stay. Leaving as a rouge or during castel = inapte definitif as i understand it..... and i agree with you, traveling to france in my condition was not very smart. Leaving early on the other hand might have been for the best....

would you say say its worth heading over there now, this month or next even if they have it on my file?

And i appreciate you taking the time to write all this, thanks! And i dont know whats wrong with the tosser above you...?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Who the fucque is G ?
Twang sounds familar or is it because he is just english...?
Am missing something here

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi G, I'm afraid that I agree with Kron on this one. There is no Paradise in Paris, it is in Aubagne. Now get a life.
BTW, I hesitated when it was paced in the Mods "paste or not" section.

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Why are yous calling it G ?
It's the aromatic anointment oil troll - or his cousin - or his mother - or his sister - who cares?

Compare the grammar of previous posts - and what Swedish guy you know ever uses the word tosser as easily as that?

It's a troll my friend. Find a place in the basement for future use.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Over booked... désolée !
If true what you say...i can find a spare place in one of my hash trays = mégots or magots, ....who cares
And there was me giving it some solid advice on my time out
I hope you are wrong
My credablity is at stake
Goebels famous last words

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Hi G, I'm afraid that I agree with Kron on this one. There is no Paradise in Paris, it is in Aubagne. Now get a life.
BTW, I hesitated when it was paced in the Mods "paste or not" section.
I think you have me confused for someone else.... and you are right, there is no paradise in paris, i dont recall ever claiming that anywhere? I went to aubagne not paris. Read my post again. certain people here seem hellbent on making me out to be a troll, maybe they ought to get a life.....

i asked a genuine question but i havent received many genuine answers so far. Big letdown.....

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
I think you have me confused for someone else.... and you are right, there is no paradise in paris, i dont recall ever claiming that anywhere? I went to aubagne not paris. Read my post again. certain people here seem hellbent on making me out to be a troll, maybe they ought to get a life.....

i asked a genuine question but i havent received many genuine answers so far. Big letdown.....

Hi soso1, if I was in your shoes I would simply do what I was told and go back there in a year time or however long they said. It is a bummer but remember nobody told you to go there with a fresh injury, so it's on you pal. This time make sure you're good to go, meaning top form and health. Good luck.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
OK FdG answered your question, now tell us about Paradise, how long you spent there, what they allowed you to keep? What were the lodgings like? What did they ask you for Covid 19 wise?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
My Mistake on the Paris part. You said that you were told to come back after X months, what is that a roman numeral for 10 months? Can you be a bit more specific
Would they let me in and have me continue from where i left off
Where exactly did you leave off? According to you, you did an initial IQ test and had an initial medical test. Which brings me back to my original question concerning the Covid 19 situation.
again nothing specific, you just say
A few months ago
At the height of the Covid 19 alert in France.
If you are genuine (which I don't think you are) you will answer these questions.

Reaction score
Home Country
Serbia

I think you should listen to these people because I think they give honest advice. On the other hand you can send a letter to the Legion General and ask if you can try again. It seems to me that I read somewhere on some forum or I was wrong?