a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skinny Guys

Le Gringo

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I don't believe my eyes, a Texan is asking how to get fat? :D Your state has two mottos: Kill us and we kill you back, and everything's bigger in Texas.

This is America damn it: If you can't get fat here, you can't get fat anywhere. Be proud were still #1 in something, get off your ass (or on your ass even better) and start by shoveling down the proud American staples of beer and fried chicken

PS If you can't buy beer legally, send me enough money for 5 cases + shipping and i'll send you 4 back minus the 1 for commission.

twitch

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Skip the rice and empty carbs, eat five meals per day instead of one or two huge ones. Unless youre a hardcore purist, use a protein synthesizer to allow your body to absorb more of it. And of course as we all learned 10th grade gym class, do super heavy 3 rep sets and one time max sets. Of course a million different other ways these guys may have had success with. Once you start getting swole, if you stop lifting for a week or so, your muscle will ache from lactic acid and the only way to stop it is lifting.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I'll just be less skinny sir!

Gaius, I already told you, I am only ex-legionnaire 1st Cl loustic, certainly not "Sir"

And if you want to be a real legionnaire, you must learn to drink beer. Lots of it !

Forse

Reaction score
Home Country
Czech Republic
My BMI is 20.3 I pass but barely. I'm rather young at the age of 20.

My BMI is 20.7 ... Iam 188cm and 73kg and 18yrs. But I want to gain more because my weight is very moving, between 70-75kg . And if I will have 70 in selection its 19.8 ... thats bad.

Troubadour

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Gaius, I already told you, I am only ex-legionnaire 1st Cl loustic, certainly not "Sir"

And if you want to be a real legionnaire, you must learn to drink beer. Lots of it !

I've been practicing for that for at least 10 years now.

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

Sorry, these damn gentlemen manners I have. Rather annoying after awhile. Anyways I'm starting to drink dark beer and eating a lot of meat. Legionnaire drinking prowess is legendary, even out here so I must learn this skill

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I don't believe my eyes, a Texan is asking how to get fat? :D Your state has two mottos: Kill us and we kill you back, and everything's bigger in Texas.

This is America damn it: If you can't get fat here, you can't get fat anywhere. Be proud were still #1 in something, get off your ass (or on your ass even better) and start by shoveling down the proud American staples of beer and fried chicken

PS If you can't buy beer legally, send me enough money for 5 cases + shipping and i'll send you 4 back minus the 1 for commission.
Dynamite comes in small packages bud ;) besides my grandad was a kraut so my genes are the typical slim Germanic stock

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
You have nothing to worry about, keep your weight at 81 kg. Myself, i mesure 174, i clocked in under 70 kgs when i joined, we weren't all 'chats maigres' or 'Racing snakes' some of the heavier guys sure had their hard time to keep up on the cooper. Now you are all blessed with the Luc Léger.
Remember it well mon ami as one of the heavier guys I didn't suffer just ran me lungs out because I wanted it that bad, by the end of the farm was the fittest I ever been in me life.

Gazza

Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Quick question. So, I am about 5'10-5'11, and I weight 145 lbs. I am very active as I have posted before, and I'm not a "weakling". My question is, because I'm a tall thin guy does that count against me in selection, or do they only care about my performance?

I'm now 165 lbs and 5'13-14. I had 198 lbs and then I dropped the weight. My BMI is normal and this is weight for me. Your performance is what matters, if your weight provides you excellent performance, then everything is fine. :D

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I'm now 165 lbs and 5'13-14. I had 198 lbs and then I dropped the weight. My BMI is normal and this is weight for me. Your performance is what matters, if your weight provides you excellent performance, then everything is fine. :D

Absolutely sir!

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
After lifting heavy and eating an elephant a day, oh and a shit ton of dark beer, I now weight 150 lbs. my running is back to full speed, and my pull ups are at 19-21 range. I feel good gents but I won't let it get to my head. Ready for June 11th, and to see what fate has in store for this kid

Le Gringo

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
After lifting heavy and eating an elephant a day, oh and a shit ton of dark beer, I now weight 150 lbs. my running is back to full speed, and my pull ups are at 19-21 range. I feel good gents but I won't let it get to my head. Ready for June 11th, and to see what fate has in store for this kid

Like I said before, thanks for letting us know when you're going so I know to go a different week. I would bet money that out of a group of 50, you would score 1st on the pullups (don't know what your leger score is). If not, you would be 2nd only to some skinny Russian guy. Start doing some weighted pullups and I wouldn't be surprised if you could hit 25 by the time you leave.

Not trying to inflate your ego, but as long as you comport yourself well in selection and don't tell them about that dead hooker you buried in your backyard:D, I will be genuinely surprised if you don't make it.

There is another young Texan on here who made it a couple years ago, I believe he went after graduating from college. I guess the Legion has a thing for cowboys:cool:.

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Like I said before, thanks for letting us know when you're going so I know to go a different week. I would bet money that out of a group of 50, you would score 1st on the pullups (don't know what your leger score is). If not, you would be 2nd only to some skinny Russian guy. Start doing some weighted pullups and I wouldn't be surprised if you could hit 25 by the time you leave.

Not trying to inflate your ego, but as long as you comport yourself well in selection and don't tell them about that dead hooker you buried in your backyard:D, I will be genuinely surprised if you don't make it.

There is another young Texan on here who made it a couple years ago, I believe he went after graduating from college. I guess the Legion has a thing for cowboys:cool:.

Thanks bud, didn't know I made such an impression. As for personal conduct I will be the silent professional, a hard worker and a motivated young man. I just want to serve, and serve well. As for the FFL loving cowboys I'm not too sure, Texas boys are a bit rowdy and love a good fight (who doesn't), but a lot of "cowboys" are, shall we say, simple brained. I can speak for them coming from those type of people.

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

And she isn't buried in the backyard! What else would explain why my tomatoes are so healthy and well fed?

Ratko Trbojevic

Reaction score
Home Country
Serbia

error,wrong post

Last edited:

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
You gotta eat. Keep a high pace of exercise....but EAT!!

Breakfast and lots of small meals throughout the day and end with a big ass gut busting meal. Stay away from processed stuff and sugar for the most part. A big plate of pasta is fine sometimes especially before a big training day, but most of your meals should be home cooked food full of natural whole food....stuff that you gotta clean and chop, not premade stuff out of a package or can.

If you just can't eat more then, and only then should you try to add some protein powders or meal replacement bars....but that shit is incomplete and you really need the full range of protein, carbs, fats, fiber and nutrients in natural food.
Good luck.

albertus

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Probely a bit late to say something. But war wil be a good average to run ons the luc leger test ??

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Going on what Don said, it's about what you eat not how you eat. Protein every meal of the day, throw in some rice, pasta, good carbs. Burgers and junk food ain't going to do shit for you.

Remember hopefuls, especially the lighter ones that there will be a urine test and one of the things they are looking for is an excess of protein in your urine. So if you are thinking of taking supplements then just remember that the protein not absorbed by your body will be pissed out and it will show up. With the number of recruits trying to join, the legion Doc is not going to be sympathetic because you felt under weight. Make sure that you go back to a daily average protein intake well before knocking on the gates.