a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sleepwalking and la Légion

Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
Hello, I used to search function and nothing came up, so here it goes.

What is the legions tolerance on sleepwaking? Do they have an official policy, or is it something that is best left during out the medical and hope it doesn't become a problem later on? Asking for a... friend.

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
There is therapy for that nowadays, shouldn't this friend solve this problem first before trying to go to the legion to risk his life? I mean imagine that friend being deployed to a dangerous area where he is forced to sleep at night in a very dangerous place under the eyes of enemy snipers would you trust him to stay alive? The best advice I received by the greens here was that you should never go to le legion while you are suffering from some psychological deepsh*t better sort your psyche first and make sure you're mind is up to. the job then go (Still talking about the friend)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Sleep walking equals uncontroble mouvements ....i wouldn't trust you sous la gouttine de l auminer (just saying. ...have you had your wisdom teeth pulled ?

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I used to search function and nothing came up, so here it goes.

What is the legions tolerance on sleepwaking? Do they have an official policy, or is it something that is best left during out the medical and hope it doesn't become a problem later on? Asking for a... friend.
My advise go to bed in your flak jacket and Tin hat might be a good way of staying alive!

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
When I was in instruction I was told to give anybody wandering about without any obvious reasons around the quartier three warnings when I was on guard duty at night:

1.shout. Halte la,

2. shout. Halte la au large.

3. shout. Halte la ou je fair feu!

Then, Bang!!

Last edited:

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Or as the more nervous guy on guard duty might put it:

Haltelaaulargeoujefairfeu! Bang!!

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Nah, sleepwalkers should give the legion a miss.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Sleep talkers too. ...try to sleep peacefully between 2 rounds of guard with a sleep talker , bonne chance !

Both are oblivously not drunk enougth

Seriously : Go see a neurologue (tests etc. ..might give you Depekine, used for epilise or a similar tranquiliser : reduces hyper brain activity and with time, the body remembers

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
When I was in instruction I was told to give anybody wandering about without any obvious reasons around the quartier three warnings when I was on guard duty at night:

1.shout. Halte la,

2. shout. Halte la au large.

3. shout. Halte la ou je fair feu!

Then, Bang!!

We tried that in Northern Ireland but then decided just to shoot 🤪