a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some questions

Reaction score
Home Country
Vietnam
Hello to all members, is it neccesary to bring all type of identification papers with me? valid passport is needed but how about birth certification (the main one and the copied and french translated version)?. I know that this maybe I care too much of far future but in case I apply and success, I dont want to waste time and money just to go back to my country and meet my family and ask for birth certification since I have "not nice" relationship with them.
And do you guys think that the FFL dont want people like me? I literally want to leave family behind for some reasons which is complicating to explain and about friends I dont even have any properly just so I can leave for France and apply into the Legion which people consider it as a family. This is somewhat ironic to me.
Sorry for the 2nd question involve too much about emotion and feeling but still want to say it out.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
As far I Know, you need only a valid passport.
A birth certificate is needed if you want to revert to your own name before leaving the Legion or if you want to apply for French citizenship.
For regularisation, (getting your real identity back) the birth certificate has to be no older than six months.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all members, is it neccesary to bring all type of identification papers with me? valid passport is needed but how about birth certification (the main one and the copied and french translated version)?. I know that this maybe I care too much of far future but in case I apply and success, I dont want to waste time and money just to go back to my country and meet my family and ask for birth certification since I have "not nice" relationship with them.
And do you guys think that the FFL dont want people like me? I literally want to leave family behind for some reasons which is complicating to explain and about friends I dont even have any properly just so I can leave for France and apply into the Legion which people consider it as a family. This is somewhat ironic to me.
Sorry for the 2nd question involve too much about emotion and feeling but still want to say it out.
go for it

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Work on your pull ups and then go. No need for a birth certificate to join.