QUESTION Specific age requirements

OP
T
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Greece
Thanks everyone for the input, I will go there and give my best and she how it goes... Saying who I am, if I am fit (or not) online and my credential, injuries, motivation etc has no meaning. Once there they can decide if I am capable and will fit in or not!

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
Obvisouly hasn't worked hard enougth
Anomalies of mother nature do happen, btw
Nah mon p’tit, only started working full time at 14, went to sea as a deckhand at 15, joined the legion at 16, a paratrooper at 17, became an engineer at 26, finished my career as a university professor at 74. Nah, probably didn’t work hard enough

And you did?

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
I have been a Philosopher and a Gastronomique critique all my life, huh
I reckon, more like a belittler of other people’s achievements, because you have none for yourself. Why do you come on this forum just to spit bile on everybody. Is this something you grew up with in North Korea before becoming a pseudo Scot?

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Nah mon p’tit, only started working full time at 14, went to sea as a deckhand at 15, joined the legion at 16, a paratrooper at 17, became an engineer at 26, finished my career as a university professor at 74. Nah, probably didn’t work hard enough

And you did?
You've worked hard and used your brains. Merchant navy is hard graft too..

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
My grand father (partenal,was in thé British Army during WW2 and did the liberation of Norway ( he was given a thank you certificat by the Norwegian government / monarchy)
Grand father (maternal) was sunked twice in the Atlanic. Merchant Navy

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
England
My Dublin born maternal grandfather fought in the Battle of France with the BEF, holding off the Germans with the French and Belgians for as long as they could allowing many to evacuate at Dunkirk. He was wounded and captured eventually but presumed dead. (POW for 3 years)

9th British Infantry Brigade - Lengerich May 1945

Attachments

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Best answers
Home Country
San Marino
I didn't read all the replies but I know a guy who went in December 6 days before he turned 39 years and 6 months. There was no problem at all as long as you can pass the pull ups and IQ test. But apparently the rules had changed and the acceptance age for selection was raised back up to 40 exactly. He was told this all through selection. I would still go before 39 years and 6 months just to be safe.

Regardless he wasn't chosen despite doing well on all the tests. Everyone was remarking how he was old and so he should blow away ALL the tests to stand out.

There were maybe 100 guys there at the time at various stages in the process. Of them only maybe 15 to 20 were over 30. He was the oldest by at least 1.5 years. No one over 35 was selected but the guys who were in their 30s and were chosen did much better on the sports and psychotechnial tests. So I think under 40 the main factor is your background and how well you do on the sports, medical and psychotechnical, NOT your age. I mean they won't automatically pick a guy who is 34 over a guy who is 39 based JUST on age...it is on your performance and scores and how confident they feel about you in your interviews and their feeling about your ability to adapt.

So if you go, you better be hitting near 20 pull ups and a 9 or higher on the Luc Leger (the pull ups need to be done within 5 minutes or less of the run. Less time the better. NO one did as much as they did in training at home on the sports tests. The whole selection process is a bit of a shock to your system, new climate, food, time zone, sleeping arraignment, and just general stress and new schedule. So plan on losing 10 to 20% of your max in training at home. Plan accordingly. Like I said, this was true of EVERYONE, even the ultra studs.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
England
My Dublin born maternal grandfather fought in the Battle of France with the BEF, holding off the Germans with the French and Belgians for as long as they could allowing many to evacuate at Dunkirk. He was wounded and captured eventually but presumed dead. (POW for 3 years)

9th British Infantry Brigade - Lengerich May 1945
My grandfather is on the right hand side middle row, on the end, in case anyone was wondering.

:)(y)

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hey Nick, good to hear from you.

I've been harking on about the typical legion breakfast for a long while.
Get used to it lads, leave the energizer chocy bars and the protein drinks aside at least 10 days before going. Start training on a legion breakfast.
It´s actually nearly the same here in Germany. They eat a roll for breakfast. with cheese or jam. I never eat a cooked breakfast. have a roll with jam, coffee have done for years. weetabix and sometimes boiled eggs.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
It´s actually nearly the same here in Germany. They eat a roll for breakfast. with cheese or jam. I never eat a cooked breakfast. have a roll with jam, coffee have done for years. weetabix and sometimes boiled eggs.
I don't think anyone can count on having a weetabix for breakfast in the Legion.

Most viewed threads of the week