a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sporting events.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
just writing with a guy who was ex Infantry said he was 1st Battalion but the guy we knew was 2nd Battalion so i think they amalgamated later on. can´t really remember was a while back.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Anyone remember Nigel Benn, the boxer? if course you do, World Champion, is the best way to remember him, don't you think?
Well at 55 he is making a come back.
I was just glad when they managed to talk Frank Bruno (Another great fighter) out of making a fool of himself.

Box is interesting sport. You can be very successful in your 40s (maybe even 50s).
That is not in case with football and some other sports were if you don't make success in 20, you never will.
Let see what will happen. Foreman became champ in 45.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Box is interesting sport. You can be very successful in your 40s (maybe even 50s).
That is not in case with football and some other sports were if you don't make success in 20, you never will.
Let see what will happen. Foreman became champ in 45.
yeah but at that level... 55 is crazy sh..t

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
We've all heard the expression, "cancelled or postponed due to rain", which usually applies to Brit cricket or occasionally European footie,
but cancelled due to typhoon !? :unsure:
I am of course referring to the much waited game of of the England Vx France in Japan. Long term rivals from the days of the 5 nations and now the 6 nations. Although both are through to next 'round', it's a bit of a bummer for the fans.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Well for those who do already know, the Springboks are the new world rugby champions. South Africa 32, England 12. Erika and I went to a guest house, as opposed to a bar, to watch it. After my last experience of watching the rugby in a bar, we decided that the guest house would be better. England Vs NZ, while Erika was in the shopping mall, shopping :unsure: ;);).
Obviously there were a lot more Brits than kiwis, which is alright. What p$ssed me off were the Thai girlfriends/whores. They were all cheering for England. I'm sure that after the game if you asked one of them what shape the ball was, they wouldn't have a clue.
So we went to a guest house which is also a bar and restaurant - no Thai hookers. I had turned my jacket and was supporting England and Erika was supporting SA. Not that she particularly likes the Springboks, it's just that she cannot stand les Anglais.
For those of you who did not watch the match, England were still in with a chance until the 'boks scored their try. Erika was overjoyed and for a brief moment I felt like smashing my chang beer bottle in her face. Nah, well for a brief moment anyway, but she's a good girl, so like I say the thought was brief.
And from that moment after the try, it was down hill all the way. NZ finished 3rd which was disappointing, but there you go.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Well for those who do already know, the Springboks are the new world rugby champions. South Africa 32, England 12. Erika and I went to a guest house, as opposed to a bar, to watch it. After my last experience of watching the rugby in a bar, we decided that the guest house would be better. England Vs NZ, while Erika was in the shopping mall, shopping :unsure: ;);).
Obviously there were a lot more Brits than kiwis, which is alright. What p$ssed me off were the Thai girlfriends/whores. They were all cheering for England. I'm sure that after the game if you asked one of them what shape the ball was, they wouldn't have a clue.
So we went to a guest house which is also a bar and restaurant - no Thai hookers. I had turned my jacket and was supporting England and Erika was supporting SA. Not that she particularly likes the Springboks, it's just that she cannot stand les Anglais.
For those of you who did not watch the match, England were still in with a chance until the 'boks scored their try. Erika was overjoyed and for a brief moment I felt like smashing my chang beer bottle in her face. Nah, well for a brief moment anyway, but she's a good girl, so like I say the thought was brief.
And from that moment after the try, it was down hill all the way. NZ finished 3rd which was disappointing, but there you go.
You take it very serious 😁 did you play 🏉 in the Légion?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
No, but I was often on the edge with my first aid kit.
i like it when England play Germany... i remember a guy who lives a couple of doors from me gobbed off about England being beaten (was a good while back). He was lucky his wife was there because i was going to chin him. A skinny German p#ssy gob sh#te. as i got out my car he made a stupid comment & i looked over & asked him if he had a problem, his wife told him to shut up so i just left it. point is some people get too serious about sport, football ..etc. I mean i would have beat him like a bitch & i was a bit annoyed but i know he would have phoned the police & he had a witness. Chill out Joe... :ROFLMAO:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
i like it when England play Germany... i remember a guy who lives a couple of doors from me gobbed off about England being beaten (was a good while back). He was lucky his wife was there because i was going to chin him. A skinny German p#ssy gob sh#te. as i got out my car he made a stupid comment & i looked over & asked him if he had a problem, his wife told him to shut up so i just left it. point is some people get too serious about sport, football ..etc. I mean i would have beat him like a bitch & i was a bit annoyed but i know he would have phoned the police & he had a witness. Chill out Joe... :ROFLMAO:
I was only joking about wanting to smash my beer bottle in Erika's face. Promise.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
For Dusa :cool:,

The ATP Cup is an international outdoor hard court men's tennis tournament between competing nations, which premiered in January 2020. The tournament is played across three Australian cities over ten days in the lead up to the Australian Open and features teams from 24 countries.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
For Dusa :cool:,

The ATP Cup is an international outdoor hard court men's tennis tournament between competing nations, which premiered in January 2020. The tournament is played across three Australian cities over ten days in the lead up to the Australian Open and features teams from 24 countries.
Thanks Joe but I'm not big fan of Djoković or tennis over all. I mean I don't have anything against 2 guys make love to each other, but when they play tennis... it's just too gay! :)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
The Dakar (previously called the Paris Dakar rallye) is on going since this monday and will end on the 17 th of january
Saudi Arabia got their hands on it (probally a P.R. attempt to change their négative image to the outside world)
I used to enjoy following the Dakar (capital of Sénégal)
Barkhane ring a Bell?

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

You Hooligan

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
The Dakar (previously called the Paris Dakar rallye) is on going since this monday and will end on the 17 th of january
Saudi Arabia got their hands on it (probally a P.R. attempt to change their négative image to the outside world)
I used to enjoy following the Dakar (capital of Sénégal)
Barkhane ring a Bell?

Do they have those little robe wearing red eyed sand people shooting at the racers?

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
i can be ..yes.

LSU (Louisiana State University) band playing on Bourbon Street in New Orleans last night playing "Neck." I graduated from LSU, they are playing Clemson University in the College Football National Championships tonight in New Orleans