a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sporting events.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Even if you don't particularly like football, everyone loves Pele
It was today 20 November 1969 the big man scored his 1000th goal:

Albeit that some of the goals were not during big matches, including Friendlies and his time in the army. But still...

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

At the height of his career he was considered the best footballer in the world.
I'd rather not dwell on what took him away from us, but rather what he gave us.
Unfortunately Pele won't be long to follow.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Anyone watched Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr ? Yeah, It was exhibition match and they F-up with rules, but man, Mike was going for the kill.
Judges decided it was drawn, but definitely wasn't. I think Tyson still can do it at 54.
If gloves were normal size (10 oz) and if judge did not let Roy hold Mike's hand for half match I think it would be knockout.
Definitely worth of watching.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Just watched the fight, I believe the term is clinching when Jones Jr his hugging Iron Mike. He was even holding on to the rope while doing it. Yes it was an exhibition fight, but I wouldn't go in there with with of them.o_O
It will certainly help Iron Mike out a bit money wise. I don't know who the 2nd commentator was, but he was a boxer ;)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Just watched the fight, I believe the term is clinching when Jones Jr his hugging Iron Mike. He was even holding on to the rope while doing it.
Yeah it's called clinch, but in this case I would call it survival. :) If match was normal judge would separate fighters after few seconds in clinch. If fighter continue to doing it even nearly as poor Roy did it ... it would be decalcified.

It will certainly help Iron Mike out a bit money wise.
Hmm. Joe, when Mike (or many other rich people) say he is broke, bankrupt that just mean he have less money then he had earlier. It still means he is much richer than you and me would probably ever be. He was making good money from appearances and other things without fighting. Unlike many fighters who were really high ranking or even being holders of title and now they barely have food. This match is should be charity for old boxing legends in dire financial situation. Yeah, I think some cash want that, but not Mike or Roy did this without 8 maybe 9 digit figure. I know hearing Mike couple months ago that he was offered 30 mil for fight.
That charity sh$t is probably some tax evasion scam. I mean I don't know that but I do have doubts. Learn with experience I'm hearing about many charity organisations whenever I hear word charity association is scam

Last edited by a moderator:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

What? M I missing something here? Is now saying "black guy" considered to be racist? And those slime journalists "You would never say this whit guy". Yes he would. If there is team with only 2-3 white players judge (or anyone else) would say "that white guy". WTF is happening here?

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
I agree, politically correct c*ap. If I understand today's criterium, you can call "him" a c*nt, but not "black". What if you refer to somebody as Scandinavian or Greek ape (for instance) while playing against him, would the reaction be the same? I doubt it. (considering the things players say to each other during the game that are not sanctioned)

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
But how we came to the point where is forbidden even to notice that someone have different skin color? Yes of course it is racist to hate someone based on his race or to treat them differently, but now even if you notice, if you say that there is people of different race, skin color (call it as you want) your immediately put in racist basket. An that is only if you're white other races are allowed to use racial slurs, even to behave in clearly racist manner and nobody judging that.

REPAREPA

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Even if you don't particularly like football, everyone loves Pele
It was today 20 November 1969 the big man scored his 1000th goal:

Albeit that some of the goals were not during big matches, including Friendlies and his time in the army. But still...
Hey Joe. Just a quick hi. Have been away from the site for a while

Reaction score
Home Country
Fiji
1624047155961.png

Legionnaire Tavite Veredamu makes the French 7s Rugby team's final cut for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games.

1624046598777.png

Also the Fijian 15's Rugby team has landed in New Zealand to take on the mighty All Blacks in a two series match later this month with majority coming in from France (Top14 & ProD2 players).

1624046526696.png

āš”

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
0-0 is classed as a win in our book,especially as England had home advantage pity they never turned up to playšŸ˜‚as it could have been a better game.