a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stage Rouge

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Greetings and salutations,
Here's what happened to me when I got selected. When you are in blue the day of selection right after lunch the do assembly and everyone waits for their name to be called. It's terrifying not knowing who's going and who's staying. I was really worried that I'd be sent home being that my interviews were so short. But alas I got selected. The guys that were with me that didn't get selected all of them got told they couldn't come back but some time you can return to try out.
When you go to Rouge you get outfitted with with your gear. This is f*cking terribly long like 7 hours of standing in the items room getting socks and whatever. Most of which I've thrown away since I've gotten to the REP. This is a real test of your leg endurance as you never sit down once. My feet hurt for months from days like this. You'll be standing alot.
After getting out gear you go back to your chamber and the Corporal Chef tells you about doing your 2 hour guard shifts and that you are now responsible for the blue's getting showered and their chambers cleaned. You are a babysitter for these guys. It's annoying telling grown men to wash themselves in 2 minutes time and them clean their room. But this is just part of the remassing you'll do there.
In this time you're required to learn the code of honor (maybe if your coming learn it before), learn the ranks of the officers, and you do some sport.
I was in Rouge for one week. Then the corporal came from castlenaudary to take us to the 4RE.
The day we left was so tiring. We got up at 4 I did a 2am guard shift so I got no sleep. And didn't leave for Castel till 5pm. It was exhausting. But you can sleep on the bus so that was a relief.
I'm trying to break this up into small chunks so you don't need to read a novel to find what info you might seek. I'll end this post and start the next.
Cheers,
B. B. CODY

Last edited by a moderator:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
B.B. Cody, my main man!

why is there no-one out there bombarding the Buffalo with questions, now is your chance.

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Yeah, maybe some will have small detailed questions, but seems only hurdles are médical and interviews, then if you can you select where you want to go and go train, and get stupid drunk if you a drinker.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Drink any where, even if you did not ask for where they might send you

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Some thing like that. ..
Jeeze, some of my best piss ups were in taule (jail)