a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staying in Manchester for few days next week, anyone nearby wanna have Tea?

FloridaMedic

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
When I arrive in UK I'll be taking the bus up to Manchester to stay with a friend for a few days before heading to France for selection. If any Brits here are nearby let me know and we can meetup for some blood sausage pudding and tea (apparently this is a northern England delicacy) :p

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Black pudding/sausage rather like 'le boudin'. Make sure you have the 'Full English' with it.
That will start your day off in full form. And how different to a Legion petit déjeuner !
Enjoy your visit and it always rains in Manchester !

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
You will have your boudin in the legion, but unless you like it, give it a miss. You will probably prefer a good old fish and chips to a boudin breakfast. Fortunately at Camerone the legion understood that first thing in the morning not many people want to eat black sausage. For those that do not know what it is, it is all the offal -liver, heart, kidney, stomach, blood etc-, made into a sausage.

Fortunately nowadays you also have the choice of a croissant or "pain au chocolat" and coffee with rum at Camerone.

Most viewed threads of the week