ANSWERED Surgical Records

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Brazil
Hello guys, I am a little confused / worried with this information from FFL topic on their website, as it's stated
"Any operation with major after-effects on bodily functions", my English sucks quite a little when it comes
to interpretation, I dont understand what they exactly consider about "major effects", as someone joked in another thread, in some countries, you would be useful even missing a finger, aside the joke , the fact is I had done 2 years ago a
Hernia surgery. I dont have any problem after that, and even the doctor who did the surgery said it was more about
"aesthetic" than necessary. Do I need to do a new exam to proof everything is ok?

In the website is mentioned "Hernia operated on but with after-effects", so I guess since there is no after effect,
that shouldnt be considerated a problem, or someone has seen many rejection by this example? I saw a video
from a guy who recommends brings all medical / physical exams or something certifying of the health condition,
doest that makes any difference or at least help in anything? Since I have been correcting all these stuff (overweight,
dental and the hernia) from these past years, thought it could be a good idea, but maybe showing all these stuff could
get a bad "impression"?

Thank yall

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
If as you say. .you have been fixing all your bobo's. .teeth, weight and Hernia. If you repairs have worked and not visible (why tell?)
Can you pull up 7 and reach level 7 on the Luc Léger test ?
Can you speak some french ?
Go for it. ..even if they say, Non !

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
If as you say. .you have been fixing all your bobo's. .teeth, weight and Hernia. If you repairs have worked and not visible (why tell?)
Can you pull up 7 and reach level 7 on the Luc Léger test ?
Can you speak some french ?
Go for it. ..even if they say, Non !
I wanted to shoot you a message, do I have your permission?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
If you have had surgery for hernia, it will leave a scar. Doctors are not dumb, they know what to look for. You will be given a questionnaire to fill in, it will ask you if you have had any operations, broken bones, etc. Hernia isn't exactly common, but it would be one of the things that the doctor will be looking for, the same as if you have had your tonsils removed.
If the web site says hernia operated on... just reinforces what I've just mentioned.
As for bring dental records, I can't see the point. I'm not sure what you can do to prove that there are no 'after affects' on having a hernia Op. They doctor will know what to look for. If you're happy with your health than go for it.

OP
opcomrade
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Brazil
If you have had surgery for hernia, it will leave a scar. Doctors are not dumb, they know what to look for. You will be given a questionnaire to fill in, it will ask you if you have had any operations, broken bones, etc. Hernia isn't exactly common, but it would be one of the things that the doctor will be looking for, the same as if you have had your tonsils removed.
If the web site says hernia operated on... just reinforces what I've just mentioned.
As for bring dental records, I can't see the point. I'm not sure what you can do to prove that there are no 'after affects' on having a hernia Op. They doctor will know what to look for. If you're happy with your health than go for it.
Thanks Joseph.

The record of the surgery for hernia was already in mind to bring along, and the rest just because in other forums were recommended to bring any information relevant to help with the "certificate of consolidation or health status".
Before doing the surgery I had to do x-ray for confirmation of the hernia (its was quite visible the rupture),
so I guess doing it again, can prove or at least show there is no more problems.

just for info https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27602797

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
England
You will be given a questionnaire to fill in, it will ask you if you have had any operations, broken bones, etc.
I understand it could bring up questions of integrity, but how likely is it if you put down you have had no operations that they will find out that isnt quite the truth.

For context, the operation in question was for a hydrocele like 6 years ago in year , no scar anymore or anything like that. I wouldnt like for it to get in the way.

Thanks

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
What to say? I/We can't advise you to lie on your legion forms. I had to look up what a hydrocele was, it is a very banal thing and isn't worth lying about, but that is only my opinion.
This really is something only you can decide on. As I've said so many times before, if you begin lying, there is no coming clean later. The Doctor or the "gestapo" or the Psy will NOT be understanding. If you are going to lie, you have to go through with it to the end.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
England
What to say? I/We can't advise you to lie on your legion forms. I had to look up what a hydrocele was, it is a very banal thing and isn't worth lying about, but that is only my opinion.
This really is something only you can decide on. As I've said so many times before, if you begin lying, there is no coming clean later. The Doctor or the "gestapo" or the Psy will NOT be understanding. If you are going to lie, you have to go through with it to the end.
Thanks I will be sure to declare it.

Most viewed threads of the week