Swimming

Digitalfreefall

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
I usually swim after my workout but with the Kids summer holidays approaching it would be a hell of alot easier to swim first then hit the weights (ever tried swimming with 101 brats throwing inflatables and pissing indiscriminately in your general direction ?)
What do you think GrpCAndersson does it make any difference what exercise i do first ?

GrpCAndersson

Fitness Forum's Moderator
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Sweden
Digitalfreefall said:
I usually swim after my workout but with the Kids summer holidays approaching it would be a hell of alot easier to swim first then hit the weights (ever tried swimming with 101 brats throwing inflatables and pissing indiscriminately in your general direction ?)
What do you think GrpCAndersson does it make any difference what exercise i do first ?
Well, as mentioned in another thread - life´s not perfect, and neither will the workout routine be.
There are probably more to it than my general idea that making it harder is the right way - doing weights before the swim will really force you to swim more efficiently and therefore develop technique as well.
BUT, it's not that big of a deal, and as long as you do the workout you'll get something from it. Maybe it'll be a slight disadvantage if you really want to focus on the swimming, as your energy will be drained from the weights. Preferrable the most important part of the workout should be done first, but hey - I don't follow that idea and I still develop in all areas I train.

To sum it up; do it in any way you can, as long as you do it. Just know that ideally your focus should lie in the most important workout of the day.

How's you routine looking like? Would be interesting to know. Please post in the "Normal Workout Day" thread if you'd like to share.

/GrpC

steve

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
i uselly leave my swim to realy early in the morning or late at night to avoid the masses so to speak.failing that find a pool who set up a swimming lane , or be realy hard necked and ask for one.if you dont ask you dont get..good luck..

Most viewed threads of the week