a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Test psychotechnique - need your help

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
Hello everyone,
I failed the test in the selection and I'm trying to prepare again to the test. Since there's no material I could find in my language that fit the exact test of the Legion and I didn't find something that accurate on google. I've thought that maybe one of you guys or greens can refer me to a good material or some book that fit the Legion test. Nothing I've found parallels to the Legion.
Hope this time no clowns will start with the trash talkin lol... (y)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
I failed the test in the selection and I'm trying to prepare again to the test. Since there's no material I could find in my language that fit the exact test of the Legion and I didn't find something that accurate on google. I've thought that maybe one of you guys or greens can refer me to a good material or some book that fit the Legion test. Nothing I've found parallels to the Legion.
Hope this time no clowns will start with the trash talkin lol... (y)
So, what did you not understand in the test?

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
Hey Sexpert ,
Thank you for the reply, it's about a 3 parts test with limited amount of time, to pass this test you need minimum 30% to pass. I did 24% unfortunately...

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hey Sexpert ,
Thank you for the reply, it's about a 3 parts test with limited amount of time, to pass this test you need minimum 30% to pass. I did 24%, unfortunately...
30% is low.. Think there are a few people on here who did the test. So i am sure you´ll get an answer. Got to admit I was never good at shapes & stuff like that. Just blows my mind... 🤪

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
What kind of maths did they ask I'm fine with spacial and 3d stuff but weak with maths

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
Hey mate , i'm not sure i failed with the part of the math it's more about the other parts..
did you attempt to join before?

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
No I'm going in a few months, around December, getting the money together, that's why I want to know what type of maths questions do they ask? so I can practice

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
You have a quiz on PC 3 part of tests, it's about with math questions : 1+1+3-4 =? and you need to choose the correct answer. Btw they gave me 18 months to try again.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Ok, the basic rule with math is that there is one unknown, X, so whatever you try to calculate, assign the uknown as ‘x’. I.e. as an example: you have 7/5 of one substance and 1.7 times x of another similar substance?

What is your substance?

Answer: Two pints of beer. Easy peasy.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Ok, the basic rule with math is that there is one unknown, X, so whatever you try to calculate, assign the uknown as ‘x’. I.e. as an example: you have 7/5 of one substance and 1.7 times x of another. What is your substance?

Answer: Two pints of beer. Easy peasy.
Jonny you are a professor are you not ? or was one

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
I haven't done x y maths since school, normal addition and multiplication is ok else I'm screwed haha

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I haven't done x y maths since school, normal addition and multiplication is ok else I'm screwed haha
dude fractions blow my mind...LOL. unless you wanna be an Engineer who cares? logical thinking is more important & understanding numbers yes such as map reading, fire orders, reading optical dial sights. However it´s not rocket Science.

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Then I'm fine, haha what a relief. one of the vets here is going to give me the basics on navigation with map and compass then I'll do practical tests too so I'll have an understanding when I get there, I'm not worried about physical or the language and learning what ever I have to, it's just getting past the medical and interveiws. I don't have any conditions that I know of and I have nothing at all to hide, but who knows what can happen, once I get through that, I'll be happy I'm in and I cannot wait to earn my way.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Then I'm fine, haha what a relief. one of the vets here is going to give me the basics on navigation with map and compass then I'll do practical tests too so I'll have an understanding when I get there, I'm not worried about physical or the language and learning what ever I have to, it's just getting past the medical and interveiws. I don't have any conditions that I know of and I have nothing at all to hide, but who knows what can happen, once I get through that, I'll be happy I'm in and I cannot wait to earn my way.
you need basic logical thinking with numbers. Mills we used in the Artillery. when you understand it. it´s no problem. Map reading very basic you will learn. when NCO level in artillery or Infantry mortars, Recce.cavalry you need to know it good.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
i am willing to bet that i could get a fire order & lay a mortar too (if i understood French) laying of aiming post or even an apex of a solid object.

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
I think navigation is very important so going to learn as much as I can about it before I leave, getting it wrong could end a mission get people killed etc. A basic understanding of it isn't enough, especially if must be done at night unable to make out land marks properly. And keeping track of position. I think better to know as soon as possible

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Those mortars must have some good training behind them, would be interested in how they do it all

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Those mortars must have some good training behind them, would be interested in how they do it all
I was not Infantry but the principles are the same , Bearing & elevation. Angle for check bearing too with the Directors. The directors passed line to us the guns.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
but in my time you had to know it manually..mortars i am sure are the same but we had to read maps & understand Bearings, Angles, Mills , elevation. Gunnery is an art . The Legions Cavalry has from what i have seen excellent training facilities.