QUESTION (test) Should the Legion open its gates to immigrants?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Do you think that la Légion étrangère should open its gates to candidates who arrive in France without papers?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Money apparently but then again, dont really care
In my post, i mention the Sous Off B. .this guy kicked ar$e off big time. In a brutal way that needs explaining one day
Others have said that there is no sous off brutality. .i say there is and it always has been
Can think of dozens of cases
B. now lives in Huston
Allo, Huston, we have a problem

Last edited by a moderator:

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I agree but no system is infallible , I believe European deserters have rejoined under a different ID in the past ? the Legion gives any nationality a chance if they turn up with a passport , as we all know counterfeit passports are not that difficult to obtain, throw in genuine passports issued by a country that would like to have a few men in the Legion and theres not much that can be done about it ,hence I very much doubt Legionnaires ever get involved with highly sensitive information , its worth noting the British Armed Forces are actively trying to recruit more men and women from ethnic minority groups knowing some may have sympathies for foreign extremist groups , it doesnt matter in the lower ranks as no one really knows whats going on.
Every person that gets a contract has his documents and photo sent to Interpol this has been a long standing practice, their was a guy that did half his training and got told one night he was going back to and he would be arrested he was on his toes for a v serious crime!

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Prince Harry is being judged today at the Tribunal de Grande Instance de Nîmes, for being in France in "situation irrégulière" clando, he has asked for Assylum
Actually held at the illégal migration détention center of Nîmes (ex air force base).
The option of joining the Legion is not excluded
Source : Objectif Gard

Solo Flyer

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I didn't vote but your question was one of the best I have seen for a while regardless of the initial intent.

My view, If someone comes knocking bare-ass naked at the doors and is able to prove themselves of value..musician, cook, mechanic, combatant...then they found a home. If the Legion "can't handle" everyone regardless of race, religion, creed..etc...then the Legion truly has become soft. Chinese mafia, IRA, psychopaths, "boo-hoo" types who recently broke up with their girlfriend and all the other regular people that just couldn't find or hold a job are a few types that I had rubbed shoulders with. As a caporal I looked everyone in the eyes, whether I had to look up, down or across and act/react according to my rank. As a person looking at you, regardless of rank, I would communicate on another level with small things...vocabulary and stance being among the hundreds of things. If you were a nut-job or a real bad-ass (or both and again regardless of rank) it made no difference to me...just don't f**k up when it mattered. The small shit didn't count. You were either able or unable to do the job required, no middle ground.

A "yes or no" vote doesn't quite capture my opinion.
Couldn’t agree more. Those who died in Indochina, Algérie or elsewhere came from many countries like now. It’s the man that counts not a piece of paper. Many didn’t speak French and weren’t taught like nowadays but they could fight and often died too. Casualties were worse in those days. Just look at the millions who sacrificed their lives in the two World Wars.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Watch the insults mate. There just is no need for them
Well an enemy does gather Info &, intelligence even on ground Level. In N Irland they watched patrols with so called dickers(if i remember that was the name) watching routes. Looking for weakness to exploit. The Situation now in 2019 is not like days gone by. Getting men inside is even better & they are fanatical. Maybe instead of reading join The Military.. Not everything is in books.
My sources are more up to date than and reliable than a bigoted old queens delusional views.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Moldova
No, because Arab immigrants come to Legion to get training and then fight for ISIS. No Muslims in the Legion.