a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION (test) Should the Legion open its gates to immigrants?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
If it was up to me
Any arse hole spouting their fake god or prophet, should be shown the door
Post Shitum : Officer included...

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
No passport, no Legion was the case when I walked up from Aubagne railway station to the front gate 30 years ago. Still applies today i believe. The Legion has had a system of recruitment since 1831, although not perfect, it would be totally irresponsible and foolish to start accepting men without proper identity papers.

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
How come Nema Nazi post always appears as the last post on this thread ?
That's because of votes. Answer with most positive votes appears first and one with least (or with most negative) would appear last on the list.
And that's kind of weird because everyone would always see answer with worst voting score. :)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
The Legion does not fight the same as ISIS and vice versa.
The Will learn tactics & get Info on deployments.. Know your enemy. This is my point about a trojan in the Légion. Even small Info on the ground can be of value. Where your patrol routes are, man Power, weapons.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Do more reading , there's been muzzies /Russians /Germans /Catholics/Protestants etc in the Legion for over a century , the only coup d'état was led by.....French, modern Western infantry tactics are no big secret , see RMAS , Four reigning Arab monarchs are graduates of Sandhurst and its affiliated colleges - King Abdullah of Jordan, King Hamad of Bahrain, Sheikh Tamim, Emir of Qatar, and Sultan Qaboos of Oman. Past monarchs include Sheikh Saad, Emir of Kuwait, and Sheikh Hamad, Emir of Qatar.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Well an enemy does gather Info &, intelligence even on ground Level. In N Irland they watched patrols with so called dickers(if i remember that was the name) watching routes. Looking for weakness to exploit. The Situation now in 2019 is not like days gone by. Getting men inside is even better & they are fanatical. Maybe instead of reading join The Military.. Not everything is in books.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Watch the insults mate. There just is no need for them
Well an enemy does gather Info &, intelligence even on ground Level. In N Irland they watched patrols with so called dickers(if i remember that was the name) watching routes. Looking for weakness to exploit. The Situation now in 2019 is not like days gone by. Getting men inside is even better & they are fanatical. Maybe instead of reading join The Military.. Not everything is in books.
My sources are more up to date than and reliable than a bigoted old queens delusional views.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
No passport, no Legion was the case when I walked up from Aubagne railway station to the front gate 30 years ago. Still applies today i believe. The Legion has had a system of recruitment since 1831, although not perfect, it would be totally irresponsible and foolish to start accepting men without proper identity papers.
Agree 100%.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I agree but no system is infallible , I believe European deserters have rejoined under a different ID in the past ? the Legion gives any nationality a chance if they turn up with a passport , as we all know counterfeit passports are not that difficult to obtain, throw in genuine passports issued by a country that would like to have a few men in the Legion and theres not much that can be done about it ,hence I very much doubt Legionnaires ever get involved with highly sensitive information , its worth noting the British Armed Forces are actively trying to recruit more men and women from ethnic minority groups knowing some may have sympathies for foreign extremist groups , it doesnt matter in the lower ranks as no one really knows whats going on.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I agree but no system is infallible , I believe European deserters have rejoined under a different ID in the past ? the Legion gives any nationality a chance if they turn up with a passport , as we all know counterfeit passports are not that difficult to obtain, throw in genuine passports issued by a country that would like to have a few men in the Legion and theres not much that can be done about it ,hence I very much doubt Legionnaires ever get involved with highly sensitive information , its worth noting the British Armed Forces are actively trying to recruit more men and women from ethnic minority groups knowing some may have sympathies for foreign extremist groups , it doesnt matter in the lower ranks as no one really knows whats going on.
ok .. the UK Army has always checked potential recruits & vetted them in some jobs even harder such as Intelligence corps, Royal Signals, Royal Military police. I remember in Herford Germany that we had undercover Intelligence Corps guys dressed as tramps ..etc in the area. I remember talking to one who came up spoke to me whilst i was on duty & he was like a tramp long hair and full beard.
The next point is sensitive information, lower ranks saw information as they worked in Commcens (Tele OP Data) operators. Flash & Top Secret messages. This was their job i know i served in the Royal Signals too. Also The Staff officers had junior staff in their HQ.
I would like to know where you are getting your info from & even saying they are recruiting people they suspect of having ties to extremist groups.

A Guy comes to the Legion & has no ID. Do you know who he is or was? is he Ali from syria or Mohammed from Irak? he may speak two or more languages. was he the body guard of Bin Laden? no one can check him. was he a drug dealers selling opium for arms. no one can know.

The fact that the Legion of today has the so called Gestapo says it all. They are there for a reason.

Last edited:

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I would like to know where you are getting your info from & even saying they are recruiting people they suspect of having ties to extremist groups.

A Guy comes to the Legion & has no ID. Do you know who he is or was? is he Ali from syria or Mohammed from Irak? he may speak two or more languages. was he the body guard of Bin Laden? no one can check him. was he a drug dealers selling opium for arms. no one can know.

Im not saying they knowingly recruit extremists but that they are aware some recruits could have extremist sympathies , big difference. Re ID , Bin Ladens bodyguard turns up with genuine fake id (issued by a genuine passport office in a dodgy country ) bodyguard get accepted as hes believed to be a goat herder,

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Im not saying they knowingly recruit extremists but that they are aware some recruits could have extremist sympathies , big difference. Re ID , Bin Ladens bodyguard turns up with genuine fake id (issued by a genuine passport office in a dodgy country ) bodyguard get accepted as hes believed to be a goat herder,
The UK or the Legion will not just roll a dice & take a risk.
still want to know where you are getting all this information from.
would you just let anyone into your Family home without knowing who they are? i doubt it so why should any military?

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
The UK or the Legion will not just roll a dice & take a risk.
still want to know where you are getting all this information from.
would you just let anyone into your Family home without knowing who they are? i doubt it so why should any military?
Thats why theres no spies in the world ......hey wait:rolleyes: