a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The backpack

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Speculating here, but if a guy is rejected within the first few hours, I can only think of one thing... The Very first thing after the basic questions and pull-up test, is the preliminary psycho-tech test, 12-20 questions and 10 minutes to take. Must pass by 70%. I would presume he bombed that, unless it was “something else”, in the first few hours..

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
From wiki about the Zouaves and their influence around the world. They were super stars :). (...)
Yep... Interestingly Zouaves regiments were created during the American Civil War. Without Berber warriors, but copying the uniform and traditions of the original Zouaves regiment.
The most visible feature of their uniform was their baggy trousers (pantalons bouffants in French).

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
For the attention of all wannabees, intending in going to Fort de Nogent to enlist !
Due to severe weather conditions (flooding, snow, trains. buses and trams. ..and a total lack of fore sight by the autorités, préfecture, mairie etc..
Mouvment is restrainted
Delay your intention to travel there at least for a week (inch allah )
The plan, Grand Froid, has been activated by the Préfecture. ...to avoid people from dying of cold.!

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Speculating here, but if a guy is rejected within the first few hours, I can only think of one thing... The Very first thing after the basic questions and pull-up test, is the preliminary psycho-tech test, 12-20 questions and 10 minutes to take. Must pass by 70%. I would presume he bombed that, unless it was “something else”, in the first few hours..
I don't know. As he told me pull ups F him up. He did 7. They were not satisfied so ...

He said that basic IQ questions wasn't trouble at all

Anyway, let man speak for himself. He will do that soon.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I too am speculating here, I'd be surprised if it was the pull ups that let him down. As Dusa says, he'll let us know when he's ready.

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
For the attention of all wannabees, intending in going to Fort de Nogent to enlist !
Due to severe weather conditions (flooding, snow, trains. buses and trams. ..and a total lack of fore sight by the autorités, préfecture, mairie etc..
Mouvment is restrainted
Delay your intention to travel there at least for a week (inch allah )
The plan, Grand Froid, has been activated by the Préfecture. ...to avoid people from dying of cold.!
Just an Egyptian fun fact... You know caporal there is a widespread tradition here in Egypt nowadays that when you say "inch Allah" (God willing, for people who dunno what it means) it is almost automatically understood as if you are saying "no" in a polite way. Especially among parents, when they are asked by their kids if they are going to let them go out today or buy that thing when they respond "inch Allah" it is like "forget it, you will never get what you want." :ROFLMAO:

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Just an Egyptian fun fact... You know caporal there is a widespread tradition here in Egypt nowadays that when you say "inch Allah" (God willing, for people who dunno what it means) it is almost automatically understood as if you are saying "no" in a polite way. Especially among parents, when they are asked by their kids if they are going to let them go out today or buy that thing when they respond "inch Allah" it is like "forget it, you will never get what you want." :ROFLMAO:
Yes, Inch Allah is something like "maybe" and maybe is a polite and diplomatic way to say "no". A famous French diplomat of the early XIXth century, Talleyrand, used to say: "when a diplomat says yes, it means maybe, if he says maybe, it means no and if he says no... he's not a diplomat."