The chance of dying...

This is the grim reality that everyone thinks about before joining the Legion, so. What are the casualties that Legion suffers in one year? I'm planning to join in a few months.

NemaNazad,

Your chance of dying is very slim indeed. Obviously death and injury occur within the Armed Forces. That is the nature of the beast.

Many people are looking for challenge and a new life when they join the FFL and such thoughts are and will become less important as you progress in training. Few would join if they believed that death was imminent !

At 17 and 3 weeks I just wanted to accept the challenge and win the Coveted Green Beret of the WW2 Commandos. We did have deaths in training but that was decades ago in the 1950s'.

Now put aside all ideas about the chance of dying. Think positive ! Go for it.

Chas trained by WW2 Cdos. Yes I am that old.;)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
This is the grim reality that everyone thinks about before joining the Legion, so. What are the casualties that Legion suffers in one year? I'm planning to join in a few months.
Don't worry too much about dying, I mean if you were working in a chicken factory you could get killed driving to work. :unsure:Q. Why do you think that the legion trains you so hard? A. to keep yourself and your mates alive.

Don't voice any of your worries about dying when you get to Aubagne. Besides if the bullet has your name on it, just be thankful that the legion has changed it for you ;)

In the TV Series Hawaii Five-0 I watched an episode about a US veteran who survived WWII, Korean war, Nam and finally Desert Storm to die eventually in a car accident on a "Hawaiian road". Ever since then, I stopped worrying about death.

Older people tend to weigh things up more seriously. Young people should just live life to the max. Just do it. Never worried when I was younger... Still don't haha.

No need for asshole comments when you ask a stupid question mate.
I don't see the question beeing stupid. Few to no peoples would face death right away, looking in her eyes. Everyone haves fears/concerns, it's just that some choose to expose them, some don't. That's it. As someone said before me, no one would join the legion if he would be looking at a certain death

SnafuSmite

I don't see the question beeing stupid. Few to no peoples would face death right away, looking in her eyes. Everyone haves fears/concerns, it's just that some choose to expose them, some don't. That's it. As someone said before me, no one would join the legion if he would be looking at a certain death
No I see;
"@seba31 Ohooo rambo calm down if you aren.t afraid of death just kill youself"
This comment is immature and moronic. But I'm not here to bicker with you, just giving my opinion.

You sound like a w*nker not going to lie.

Last edited by a moderator:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
I find it silly that people even think about joining a military unit and they are unprepared to die.
Do you think that so many people are prepared for dying? It's not that easy. It's one thing being willing to risk your life, it's completely different to actually die

Surfguy

Super Active Member
In the TV Series Hawaii Five-0 I watched an episode about a US veteran who survived WWII, Korean war, Nam and finally Desert Storm to die eventually in a car accident on a "Hawaiian road". Ever since then, I stopped worrying about death.
You do know Hawaii five 0 is fiction, right? 😁

Most viewed threads of the week