Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
As we are at the beginning of the rugby world cup, I came across this test on the BBCs sports page. One of the questions that was asked, which I got wrong was :
A 20-year-old Jonah Lomu laid waste to England in the semi-final of the 1995 tournament, running in four tries and leaving white-shirted would-be tacklers flat on their backs.

After the match, what tactic did England hooker Brian Moore suggest as a way to stop Lomu?

There are 04 possibilities at the top: A laws change... etc.
There is a major prize for the winner, for those who are just doing this for fun take the full test:

I have to admit that I got this one wrong (along with 5 others);)

Last edited:
OP
Joseph Cosgrove

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
A bit later than I had promised, however the answer is :

After the match, what tactic did England hooker Brian Moore suggest as a way to stop Lomu?

An elephant gun. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Nö rugby buffs here Joe.. 😁 My older brother played in the army. I don't even know the rules of the game 🙄

OP
Joseph Cosgrove

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Well here's a story that should interest some people. Three brothers in the line up for the Blacks against Canada.
The brothers are, of course extremely talented, but that which brings to mind is that they have a sick 16 year old sister. She is sick with Downs Syndrome.
Can't see anyone taking the p$ss out of her, not with 3 all blacks brothers.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
I went to a game when Dutch national team played against us. Liked it very much - extremly fair game .
I was never really interested in the sport, which is funny - one of my mates is/was the best scorer of Yugoslav national team in history of the sport. He played in France as a pro as well.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I went to a game when Dutch national team played against us. Liked it very much - extremly fair game .
I was never really interested in the sport, which is funny - one of my mates is/was the best scorer of Yugoslav national team in history of the sport. He played in France as a pro as well.
You talking about rugby? It's really small sport here (I guess in Croatia too). We barely have league and also have separate American football league.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
You talking about rugby? It's really small sport here (I guess in Croatia too). We barely have league and also have separate American football league.
Yes, rugby. All you wrote is true. My friend played for Hajduk juniour team at the time, decided to change sport. To much of competition in football.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
P.S. get this, also know a guy who is world champion of division B in aussie football. He played handball for Zagreb gave up for same reasons...

Most viewed threads of the week