a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Last Full Measure

Bags

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Watched this film last week and I enjoyed it more then I thought I would, it has a slow start but once you get into it, it was good...by the end of it I was a little emotional….which for me is not often :rolleyes:...so well worth a gander lads (y)

Bags

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Watched it too. At first I was going to give it a miss, but then when I saw who the actors were -which is quite rare that I recognize any of them, I thought that I'd give it a go. I thoroughly enjoyed it, all the way through.

How is it that I can watch all the latest films, one may ask? Because we have a "box", two actually Erika has one of her own because we don't like the same films. I'm all 'gung ho' and she's all these sh$tty old French films, Louis de Fenès and his band of brothers.

The other day I watched the longest day, she said "again !?" Actually she said "encore !?" I said it has Bouvril in it. He's the French man who receives the message from the BBC, in code. saying that the invasion has begun and rides down to the beach with the bottle of wine. She wasn't go to watch a film that lasted for over three hours for two minutes with Bouvril in it.o_O(n)(n).
Here he is with Elsa, in the "duo de l'impossible". I doubt if the French invented this. What it is is they take clips of famous French people who sing and they get a modern star to sing along as though it is a duo:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Here IS some thing you might not know..
Guy Marchand, thé actor and crooner. Served as a military advisor during the making of the film, The longest day
Ancien béret rouge and légionnaire R.M.L.E. (3 R.E.I.)

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
It's worth a watch. Cast was superb, didn't know that C.Plummer and P.Fonda are still active - that was a nice surprise. John Savage (The Hair) was good to see too.
Absolutely loved the scene in which a veteran asks a lawyer:
V: "Who is making your bed in the morning?"
L: "My wife."
V: "Must be shitty to be her!"

Last edited: