a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Legion in the media

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
FOMEC B = Forme silhouette Ombre shadow Mouvement movement Éclaire shine Couleur color Bruit noise

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Sarajevo accords Bruce Dickenson 'citoyen of honneur' status, for his actions during the Yugoslavian inter ethnic civil war

Peter Lyderik

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
9 avril : cérémonie de remise des képis blancs de la Légion

And comment in English about the nationalities: https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/t...-compare-to-the-british-paras.161040/page-272

As reported in the local press, (9 avril : cérémonie de remise des képis blancs de la Légion.) the one on 9th April is being staged in Auch about 75km west of Toulouse. The local paper reveals the national breakdown of the forty-three successful recruits in this particular training platoon:
6 Canadians,
6 Ukrainians,
3 Australians,
3 Nepalese,
3 Vanuatuans,
2 Brazilians,
2 Colombians,
2 Belarussians,
2 Malagasy (Madagascarenes)
2 Moldavians
2 South Africans
1 German,
1 British,
1 Chinese,
1 Korean,
1 Spanish,
1 Greek,
1 Hungarian,
1 Polish,
1 New Zealander,
1 Romanian.
Out of which there are said to be eleven francophones (i.e. French Speakers).

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Why that is quite a break down. For those who don't know where Vanuatu is, it;s East of Australia. they have a bunch of islands and speak both English and French. Certainly a long way to go but they did it and have just gotten their kepis. Bravo to them and all the others.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Musique Principal plays the Game of Thrones theme. ..video available
Game of Thrones is a T.V. serie and i had to Google to find out some thing totalement usless to man or beast (have never watched)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Nôtre Dame (des Larmes) Paris burnt this night...the steeple collapsed
Once did a piquet d ' honneur there
République laïque my ar$e
Bet many Legion officers will be in tears today
A call for donations has been launched by the french national historien, Stephan Bern (monarchiste)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Source : RFI
Discriminations au sein de l ' Armée Française : le rapport parlementaire qui fache
Discrimination(s) as in pluriel
You have all sorts and many forum members on board are of the same way of thinking. Disgusting attitudes for this day and age.
Discipline. ..self or collective. We are always ruled by tossers

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
In the said repport : The first propisisition is. ..Women éligible to join the Legion Etrangere
The 2 authors of the Rapport :
Bastien Lachaud (France Insoumise)
Christophe Lejeune (La REM)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
In the said repport : The first propisisition is. ..Women éligible to join the Legion Etrangere
The 2 authors of the Rapport :
Bastien Lachaud (France Insoumise)
Christophe Lejeune (La REM)
Could keep you warm at night, share my sleeping bag 👍😄

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Source : Le JSL (journal Saône et Loire)
Les legionnaires rendent hommage au Sergent Morzicki tué à Camerone
A piquet d ' honneur from the 1° REG
Small vidéo of the cérémonie

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Could keep you warm at night, share my sleeping bag 👍😄

There have been a few Female Marines caught with Sleeping bags full of 20 dollar bills, (On Deployments).....Did not go over well for them. I wander what jealous rat bastard spilled the beans or another pissed off female because her little Marine made a twenty or tow contribution????

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
There have been a few Female Marines caught with Sleeping bags full of 20 dollar bills, (On Deployments).....Did not go over well for them. I wander what jealous rat bastard spilled the beans or another pissed off female because her little Marine made a twenty or tow contribution????
I remember when i was on a Driving course an instructor told me they had a female soldier who offered the testing officer "services" if he passed her on her driving test.. :D she was RTU´d quickly.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Seems to be a video floating around in direct contradiction to what happened at Notre Dame....It is odd that immediately "it was a Construction Accident." What about the video and supposedly a car found with lost of petrol and some literature.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Seems to be a video floating around in direct contradiction to what happened at Notre Dame....It is odd that immediately "it was a Construction Accident." What about the video and supposedly a car found with lost of petrol and some literature.
Yes &, the reporters tweet. Was quickly gone

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hate to say it, Europe for the most part is lost. France and the UK are over run, time to call in the danger close mission
I Agree.. It's sheer madness what the sick EU has done.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Is been a hard month for the Corps, the latest, a 29 year old Hard Charger who worked his way into MARSOC

Marines Killed in Afghanistan

And two Marine Corps Pilots killed in their Viper Attack Helicopter (the previously known as Cobra Gun Ships)

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Never ever forget, especially you aspirants, Training is just as dangerous as a Combat Tour, Three killed in Training and Three killed in Afghanistan.

When you in the military you are on duty 24/7 and 365 days a year.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I don't know about this, but three years ago four of Orthodox churches went into flame in same day! It was Easter. Was that coincidence? Maybe.

One way or another is great tragedy for church with such history to went into flame.

BTW in 1389. bells on that same church ringed in the name of victory of Serbs over Turks in Battle of Kosovo (victory for Christianity over Islam).