a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Legion in the media

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
A must look
Source : Thomas Goisque - photos.com
takes a bit of patience but look for these two albums
1. La Légion au fort du désert (old fort at Madama) with the 2e REP and
Engineers rebuilding a new base and air strip near the Nigerien and Libyan border. Dozens of class photos.

2. “Les Commandos partent pour l'aventure” with the 27e BIM (Brigade d'Infanterie de Montagne, Mountain Infantry Brigade). 2e REG and the GCM (Groupement de Commandos de Montagne) which sergent-chef Andrei Jouk, recently killed in the helicopter collision in Mali, was a member of. Likewise, plenty of excellent photos(I think not downloadable).

Is that what you're looking for?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I certainly hope that this is not what you mean. It takes practically a day to down load (perhaps not quite that long:)) and it's all in French. Being PDF, it cannot be translated unless someone has the patience - don't look at me.
On the other hand, I've done what they guys on the front page are doing during my three trips of 4 months to Norway while in the Brits. It's called ski ouring - I'm definitely not sure of the spelling. There is someone who sits in the back part of the Volvo, or at least that's what Vhl we had, who is there to ring a bell in the driver's cabin if someone falls over. On my first trip I was getting everyone p$ssed off at me for falling over all the time.:mad:
On my second trip, I wasn't the only one that people were getting p$ssed off at. :cautious:
On my 3rd trip, this time with the commandos, I was getting p$ssed of with the imbeciles who couldn't stay upright for ten minutes at a time!:eek: Usless c*nts !:whistle:

Peter Lyderik

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
A must look
Source : Thomas Goisque - photos.com
takes a bit of patience but look for these two albums
1. La Légion au fort du désert (old fort at Madama) with the 2e REP and
Engineers rebuilding a new base and air strip near the Nigerien and Libyan border. Dozens of class photos.

2. “Les Commandos partent pour l'aventure” with the 27e BIM (Brigade d'Infanterie de Montagne, Mountain Infantry Brigade). 2e REG and the GCM (Groupement de Commandos de Montagne) which sergent-chef Andrei Jouk, recently killed in the helicopter collision in Mali, was a member of. Likewise, plenty of excellent photos(I think not downloadable).

Since "Le petit caporal" still hasn't learned to copy paste. Here is the link, Each cross is a serie of pictures. Enjoy.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Larry Tesler, the inventor of "cut", "copy" and "paste" went to his grave on the 20th of Feb, without having passed on his secret to le petit caporal.

Actually I think it's more to do with his Phone or I-pad or whatever it is that he uses. So thanks for coming to his rescue Peter.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Nope, no can do...
This Gogol does not inter act very well with Google..
and i might have drandfuff..still waiting for a contre expertise by the World Health Organisation...will get back to you on this one
Have you tried looking for the site?
Lets just wait for one of these Wiz kids on the forum to find it...there must be one?
Even if I type La Légion au fort du désert in the rechercher window it says can not find.
I think if you on the page in question, copy that URL and post it, it should then work for us to access the photos,

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
This one (?) : LA LÉGION AU FORT DES SABLES ( album with 471 photos)

Impressive site / collection of albums .

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Alternative to copy/paste method: "blue" what you want to copy and press ctrl+c. Then put/click the cursor where you want to copy, and press ctrl+v.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Before downloading pictures, one way or another, from Thomas Goisque's website, beware that they may be subject to copyright...

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Before downloading pictures, one way or another, from Thomas Goisque's website, beware that they may be subject to copyright...
Definitely they are.
Read a bit his biographie... Not surprised he obtained the army approval to follow the Army. He served in UNPROFOR in Bosnia and Mont Igman. A former Chasseur Alpin. There are other interesting albums on that site that have nowt to do with the military.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

If this is a repost, apologies. (photos from 1980.)
The very last photo is when the Musique (band) was still known as Musique Principale de la Légion étrangère (MPLE). I knew a Jock* who was in them. He was at the back carrying one of those Oboes (?), I'm not sure what it's called. I found out that one day when France was playing Spain in a friendly, football, they had the MPLE during half time. He was so drunk that at end of the show, the Musique went left and he went right. He got jail for it.
One thing that he told me was that he could not even play the instrument. Not a single note. He was there to make up the numbers.

* Jock Devin (in case he ever comes on here, he can back me up.)