a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mule

Bags

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Watched this last night, I'd heard a mixed review on it but I really enjoyed it, directed and starring Clint Eastwood, based on a true story as well apparently, anyways its definitely worth a watch (y) x

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Watched this last night, I'd heard a mixed review on it but I really enjoyed it, directed and starring Clint Eastwood, based on a true story as well apparently, anyways its definitely worth a watch (y) x
got a youtube link? if it´s on there. Talking of Clint Eastwood, he trained for many years at Vince Girondas Gym in Hollywood. I spoke to twice on the phone Bob Kennedy (rip). He was the editor of Muscle Mag int. A British guy who gave me a lot of time when i phoned. very down to earth. He told me about Vince Gironda throwing Clint out his Gym. Vince gironda trained many Hollywood stars in the 50s till the early 90s. or late 80s (not 100% sure). Anyway he said Vince threw him out and that clint came by waiting outside in his jeep to speak to vince the next day. Said Vince was a very escentric guy. Told me some other stuff too but can´t write it here. :) Bob Kennedy was a good guy. Gave me some good advice too. Old school Gent.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Eccentric, a man tat writes a "muscle mag," who's eccentric, hummmmmm

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I have watched the mule. It's loosely based on a try story (or words to that effect). Clint plays a drug mule- because of his age and driving history; no speeding tickets etc. he is the ideal mule.

He gets killed in the end.

Er no, that's a different film the gran torino. A true story; I was working with a Pole -ex legionnaire, who asked me if I had seen the movie Gran Torino. I said no, that I was waiting for it appear on one of my movie channels.
'It's a great movie, he gets killed in the end though.'
Naturally I laughed at his little joke. He assured me that he wasn't joking, but he does get killed in the end. :oops:
He then goes on to say that it doesn't matter because it does not spoil the movie:rolleyes:.

Bags

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
got a youtube link? if it´s on there. Talking of Clint Eastwood, he trained for many years at Vince Girondas Gym in Hollywood. I spoke to twice on the phone Bob Kennedy (rip). He was the editor of Muscle Mag int. A British guy who gave me a lot of time when i phoned. very down to earth. He told me about Vince Gironda throwing Clint out his Gym. Vince gironda trained many Hollywood stars in the 50s till the early 90s. or late 80s (not 100% sure). Anyway he said Vince threw him out and that clint came by waiting outside in his jeep to speak to vince the next day. Said Vince was a very escentric guy. Told me some other stuff too but can´t write it here. :) Bob Kennedy was a good guy. Gave me some good advice too. Old school Gent.

here you go Sexpert x

Bags

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I have watched the mule. It's loosely based on a try story (or words to that effect). Clint plays a drug mule- because of his age and driving history; no speeding tickets etc. he is the ideal mule.

Er no, that's a different film the gran torino. A true story; I was working with a Pole -ex legionnaire, who asked me if I had seen the movie Gran Torino. I said no, that I was waiting for it appear on one of my movie channels.
'It's a great movie, he gets killed in the end though.'
Naturally I laughed at his little joke. He assured me that he wasn't joking, but he does get killed in the end. :oops:
He then goes on to say that it doesn't matter because it does not spoil the movie:rolleyes:.

Gran Torino was a cracking film!!! which I think set the barr very high for himself(Clint Eastwood) to beat directing wise. Don't you just love those people who tell you the end of the film before you've watched it.....my dad is bad for that ha!! but he does end up missing out half of the film while telling me so it all ends up good xx

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Well take you very much Joe. I was just preparing myself to watch movie. :)

I would watch it anyway. There is no many movies where you see Clint Eastwood died. (if any?)

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Watched it last night. Good movie, Clint still does well even with advanced age. First movie I ever saw of his was "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly". His classics are well worth it, I highly recommend them all.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Ah the old Spaghetti westerns, great. The only one I didn't like of his, as a director was 15:17 to Paris.

However My all time two favorites of his are Kelly's heroes.

Heartbreak Ridge

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Watched it last night. Good movie, Clint still does well even with advanced age. First movie I ever saw of his was "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly". His classics are well worth it, I highly recommend them all.
I also like Charles bronson.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
dude had a good physique. always trained. did some weights but mainly body big-house-usa-0.jpgweight stuff.