a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The OFFICIAL VO2 CHALLENGE

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I will be posting my results momentarily. Time to see if I am the gazelle people say I am.

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
100.5 - 10.36 + 8.34 - 11.184 - 31.92 = 55.47 (first go)

Second go: 53.85

Third go: 54.62

Heartbeat of 168 bpm = 55.37

heartbeat of 176 bpm = 53.85

Heartbeat of 172 bpm = 54.62

I weight 148 lean muscle, and jogged the mile in 7:46

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Gaius..great job. Surfguy...at this point you simply are not a waste of my energy and calling it dodgy just shows your mind...Don.....exactly!!...if you stay ready you never have to get ready. It is obvious surf guy has some chips. Good luck surf guy. Please let us all know your vo2. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide.

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Gaius..great job. Surfguy...at this point you simply are not a waste of my energy and calling it dodgy just shows your mind...Don.....exactly!!...if you stay ready you never have to get ready. It is obvious surf guy has some chips. Good luck surf guy. Please let us all know your vo2. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide.

Amen. If you don't push now, you won't be able to push when it counts.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
That is right my friend. It is always the loudest one on the room is the weakest one in the room. While getting my degree we did mock client trainer relationship with hired people from the public. Negative people... happy...obese...skinny...even in gre at shape. The idea was to be able to communicate and identity personality based off of behavior. Oddest thing was the most negative were the loudest and most boisterous.. aka...the ones that thought they just knew it all. Turns out they had the worst bmi..the worst pre and post test vo2...the worst eating habits...completely dehydrated and affect by one or more at risk disease. Basically it was to teach how to d al with problem clients and antagonists and provocative clients. What this also meant was that they were the highest percentage to drop out completely. So the mock clients taught us a lot. I have dealt with many surf guys and the only solution was to just listen to the flak and watch them crash and burn after the shortest period. All you who have done the test ...you guys rock and keep up the good work and just know you don't want to be a surf guy. Great job guys.

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
That is right my friend. It is always the loudest one on the room is the weakest one in the room. While getting my degree we did mock client trainer relationship with hired people from the public. Negative people... happy...obese...skinny...even in gre at shape. The idea was to be able to communicate and identity personality based off of behavior. Oddest thing was the most negative were the loudest and most boisterous.. aka...the ones that thought they just knew it all. Turns out they had the worst bmi..the worst pre and post test vo2...the worst eating habits...completely dehydrated and affect by one or more at risk disease. Basically it was to teach how to d al with problem clients and antagonists and provocative clients. What this also meant was that they were the highest percentage to drop out completely. So the mock clients taught us a lot. I have dealt with many surf guys and the only solution was to just listen to the flak and watch them crash and burn after the shortest period. All you who have done the test ...you guys rock and keep up the good work and just know you don't want to be a surf guy. Great job guys.

Just doing what I have to do for glory's sake sir!

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
You are doing great man. Average attracts average. Be solitary if you must. Your shadow will become a great friend. Keep it up!!

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

Mmm the words of a man who flounces off when he`s upset by comments on a forum , no really super soldier material are you ? , and not bright enough to digest what Ive written , I am saying potential Legionairres should train but at the same time not get caught up in BS , follow Stoengs programme , after all he had many years doing it for real so why try your own methods ? you lost all credability with me when you repeatedly made errors with the VO2 Challenge formula , I`m not sure you even get it now after others have had to correct you, maybe you should become a primary school sports teacher. and dont worry about my fitness , I did three marathons last year , all under 4hours . Jog on.

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
You're all grow men. Stop the jabs backs and forth. Stick to the topic. To whom made this, thank you as I have been looking to calculate my VO2 for some time.

I may have made excellent, but I will work hard as I want no less than "superior" category.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Absolutely Gauis, It takes work, but I am sure you will get it no problem. You are welcome bro. yes, It took me two years for my associates degree in the FT world, filed, but I got it. The VO2 is excellent, but do note, you only want to do it once. This just gauges where you are at. Then you get on a program that can be designed by a trainer or myself, via PM. Don't beat yourself up if you don't get superior. ELITE athletes are in the 90's and slightly above with their VO2, if you are in excellent, it means just that, you are doing excellent and that is very commendable. There is another one, that does not gauge the the VO2 but it is called a BASELINE. It actually finds your weak points in pull ups, pushups, sit ups , body squats(no weight) and a 500 meter row. If you would like to test this you can to. You simply NEED a rowing machine, a pull up bar, too.
The Baseline is used in most if not all colleges to determine just what I wrote. So if you want to do that to you can, also. This is how it is done.

You can warm up and stretch as much as you wish before you prepare. I recommend dynamic stretching.

You row 500 meters on a rowing machine. You make the 500 meters, jump off and immediately do 40 squats, then immediately do 30 sit ups, then immediately do 20 pushups, then immediately do 10 pullups. You want to strive for SUB 6. This means UNDER six minutes. If you sub that, then you are doing well. If you SUB 5 you are freaking great and if you SUB 4:30 you are an animal.

Try this sucker out, it will humble a man and remember if you don't cook the book and are honest, you will know exactly where you are at. PM me if you would like any further help my friend. Lastly, keep up the good work and let not the negative enter your mind. The longest distance in any mans life is between his ears. Understand?. In his mind.

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Absolutely Gauis, It takes work, but I am sure you will get it no problem. You are welcome bro. yes, It took me two years for my associates degree in the FT world, filed, but I got it. The VO2 is excellent, but do note, you only want to do it once. This just gauges where you are at. Then you get on a program that can be designed by a trainer or myself, via PM. Don't beat yourself up if you don't get superior. ELITE athletes are in the 90's and slightly above with their VO2, if you are in excellent, it means just that, you are doing excellent and that is very commendable. There is another one, that does not gauge the the VO2 but it is called a BASELINE. It actually finds your weak points in pull ups, pushups, sit ups , body squats(no weight) and a 500 meter row. If you would like to test this you can to. You simply NEED a rowing machine, a pull up bar, too.
The Baseline is used in most if not all colleges to determine just what I wrote. So if you want to do that to you can, also. This is how it is done.

You can warm up and stretch as much as you wish before you prepare. I recommend dynamic stretching.

You row 500 meters on a rowing machine. You make the 500 meters, jump off and immediately do 40 squats, then immediately do 30 sit ups, then immediately do 20 pushups, then immediately do 10 pullups. You want to strive for SUB 6. This means UNDER six minutes. If you sub that, then you are doing well. If you SUB 5 you are freaking great and if you SUB 4:30 you are an animal.

Try this sucker out, it will humble a man and remember if you don't cook the book and are honest, you will know exactly where you are at. PM me if you would like any further help my friend. Lastly, keep up the good work and let not the negative enter your mind. The longest distance in any mans life is between his ears. Understand?. In his mind.

I will certainly take all the advice and information I can get, for preparation's sake.

I don't beat myself up over not making superior, I just know that I am capable of it, and I will kick my ass until I get it.

tasos3022

Reaction score
Home Country
Greece
DCLXVI, do you still give advices about this?? Cuz I'm interested. :)

C

cujo6688

Unregistered
guess im still old school on the training part and just thinking of proper breathing form to run and thinking dont stop just run,ignore everything else, I know very stupid of me but that's how I was trained by my teachers.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
It isn't a topic. Its a scientific method. Its a scientific formula. Its applying science to biology. Nothing about being old school changes this. VO2 has been around since the dawn of man and since we all could breathe. I have no more to say because the minds that are closed, shut a long time ago, and that had nothing to do with me, but rather you..

C

cujo6688

Unregistered
Yeah your right I really need to put the correct words my bad sorry , I realized my training method was very bad that's why I'm learning new method scientificly proved because I know very well I was wrong and payed a heavy price for it so I actually wanted to say thank you but I'm really bad always with my word choice so again my sincere apologies

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk