a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The quiz About the US Elections & Quiz about the legion + other things

Crawdad

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Is there a "6 REG"?

There was, but no longer*. It was only around from 1984-1999; kind of a short-lived unit, as there's a few European and American regiments that date back to the 1600's and earlier.

*But, their lineage continues today as the 1er REG. Kind of like those other older regiments, some of whom have changed names and numbers many times over the centuries.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
There was, but no longer*. It was only around from 1984-1999; kind of a short-lived unit, as there's a few European and American regiments that date back to the 1600's and earlier.

*But, their lineage continues today as the 1er REG. Kind of like those other older regiments, some of whom have changed names and numbers many times over the centuries.
I mean a simple google would have given the answer.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Here it is The Quiz. I even changed the title of the thread.
I was going to put something sarcastic at the end of it like saying something in the line of ' A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE PARTICIPATED BY SENDING ME SOME QUESTIONS' Instead of the by default Thank you...
But then I thought no, I'm actually doing this for my own knowledge - how to use MS Forms. Which hopefully, fingers crossed, this will go without glitch so that I can add it to my CV. There is more than just quizzes in Microsoft Forms.
There are 25 questions worth 2 points, split into three sections:
Section 1 general knowledge, which includes General Rollet (if you don't know who he is then there's no point in taking the quiz) and Lois Philippe (ditto for General Rollet)
Section 2 Legion weapons.
Section 3 Legion Vehicles.
Where it says that the question is obligatory to answer. Well it's ... obligatory :rolleyes: :whistle::oops:

There is a whopping total of 50Pts. and what do points make?

It's Quiz ▶ time !!!:love: 1596950876990.png I've tried it out on smart phone and it does work. I'd appreciate it if someone else could also try it out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
India
Here it is The Quiz. I even changed the title of the thread.
I was going to put something sarcastic at the end of it like saying something in the line of ' A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE PARTICIPATED BY SENDING ME SOME QUESTIONS' Instead of the by default Thank you...
But then I thought no, I'm actually doing this for my own knowledge - how to use MS Forms. Which hopefully, fingers crossed, this will go without glitch so that I can add it to my CV. There is more than just quizzes in Microsoft Forms.
There are 25 questions worth 2 points, split into three sections:
Section 1 general knowledge, which includes General Rollet (if you don't know who he is then there's no point in taking the quiz) and Lois Philippe (ditto for General Rollet)
Section 2 Legion weapons.
Section 3 Legion Vehicles.
Where it says that the question is obligatory to answer. Well it's ... obligatory :rolleyes: :whistle::oops:

There is a whopping total of 50Pts. and what do points make?

It's Quiz ▶ time! :love: View attachment 6410 I've tried it out on smart phone and it does work. I'd appreciate it if someone else could also try it out.
I'm using a OnePlus 7 and it works with out any problem.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Thanks mate. I think that you'll find that since I uploaded it the first time, I have made a couple of changes.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Thanks mate. I think that you'll find that since I uploaded it the first time, I have made a couple of changes.
I'm using a OnePlus 7 and it works with out any problem.
Just so that we're talking about the same thing the QR code, correct?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Thanks mate, I'm just checking your answers now. not bad at all. How do I know it's you, when I promised not to follow anyone, because you're the only on line at the moment. :whistle:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Joe according to wikipedia you didn't offer correct answer for general Rollet's age when he died. How do I know? :) No I don't cheated and ask google for answers. I was checking something after I did quiz.

Reaction score
Home Country
India
Joe according to wikipedia you didn't offer correct answer for general Rollet's age when he died. How do I know? :) No I don't cheated and ask google for answers. I was checking something after I did quiz.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200809-213043__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200809-213043__01.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 9

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Photo added by letemrip
Add Photos Request Photo
Advertisement

GEN Paul-Frédéric Rollet
BIRTH20 Dec 1875
Auxerre, Departement de l'Yonne, Bourgogne, France
DEATH16 Apr 1941 (aged 65)
Paris, City of Paris, Île-de-France, France
BURIALInstitution des Invalides de la Legion Etrangere
Puyloubier, Departement des Bouches-du-Rhône, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France
PLOTHonour Cemetery
MEMORIAL ID175823330 · View Source

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
You are quite correct Dusa. He was 65 years old old at the time of his death.
Echoscar, I'm sure of his place of burial.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hi Hotsauced, I tried to download the app (not the french one) when I tried to open it, it wouldn't work. I've deleted it now. Does it give the possibilities to creat your own flash cards?

Yes, you're able to create a custom set of flash cards.
You can even use Excel to create your custom set of flash cards.