a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The quiz About the US Elections & Quiz about the legion + other things

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi all, as some of you may know, I am trying to better myself on the computer, whether it be MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint or Outlook.
I came across a cool way of doing a survey and a quiz.
So I thought why not try out the quizz on here. If it works... Well let's see if it works.

to▶ participate

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Well it obviously works because I did get feed back. 2 people took the quiz, one got 5/5 the other only got the GCP question correct. I don't know who took the questionnaire.
However, in order to continue my learning, if anyone wants to help out, please send me some questions with varifyfied answers by PM, also which category they are in. For example weapons, legion history, Vhls, regiments etc.
IF*, there is enough enthusiasm:cautious:, which does not seem the case here at the moment, I'll do some more, perhaps French or another topic.

*I really did have to put the emphasis on the If, having asked you lot to put a comment on my mates you tube account. I mean I'd even put a link to it and all you had to do was take two minutes of your precious time.:(

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I did quiz Joe and It gave me 0/10 points. :) And I'm pretty sure that I answered correctly 4 questions.
I mean, I did write only short "CRAP" (maybe full name is needed?) And I didn't know how to write what GCP stands for in French so I did in English (that obviously wrong), but why I'm wrong even on last question?!? :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
It was really a try out. I've looked more into it and I think that I've more or less mastered it now.
Perhaps it was myself who got the 5/5 because I didn't specify any answers on the trial.:rolleyes:. Also it was a duplicate of what I intended to put. You have other possibilities, such as letting the person know if they have gotten the correct answer or not. Tomorrow I'll put out the same test with my corrections.
Anyway, I will give it a try on Sunday morning, having looked into it thoroughly by that time. So anyone with questions before Saturday evening send them along.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I did quiz Joe and It gave me 0/10 points. :) And I'm pretty sure that I answered correctly 4 questions.
I mean, I did write only short "CRAP" (maybe full name is needed?) And I didn't know how to write what GCP stands for in French so I did in English (that obviously wrong), but why I'm wrong even on last question?!? :)
Thanks for the feed back on the 0/10. The whole idea is that people know how they have done. as I said it was only a try out.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
This is actually a really cool idea because it can help us all to get some Legion knowledge. Not just for enjoyment but for those wannabes who need to know about the organization that they are wanting to join. When I get some time I will come up with some questions that can be added Joe. One thing that is a priority to me is gaining Legion knowledge in preparation to try selection, I think it helps to maintain that burning desire and that want factor.

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Thanks for the feed back on the 0/10. The whole idea is that people know how they have done. as I said it was only a try out.
This is actually a really cool idea because it can help us all to learn some Legion knowledge. Not just for enjoyment but for those wannabes who need to know about the organization that they are wanting to join. When I get some time I will come up with some questions that can be added Joe. One thing that is a priority to me is gaining Legion knowledge in preparation to try selection, I think it helps to maintain that burning desire and that want factor.

You could create an Anki flashcard set.

an anki french essentials set

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
My French is pretty good. In fact I have a sentence a day and go on line once a week for the grammar and Erika and I speak French at home + I watch the French news every day.

That's awesome your French is pretty good. I'm subscribed to a few RSS and podcasts that do French lessons daily, pretty fun. I should make it a habit watching French news.
I gave the French Essentials set for Anki as an example. Tom Juvenez suggested some Legion knowledge for wannabes like myself. :LOL:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Here ▶ we go

I can actually see the number of people who have taken the last test 6 in all. No names though. That one was a trial and error. I'm hoping that this one will go down OK.

When you see the results don't take any notice of the comments if you get the wrong answer.

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Nice! I was hoping to score points on a technicality..a typo in the first question -> Monaca -> Monaco (Monegasque?)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Here ▶ we go

I can actually see the number of people who have taken the last test 6 in all. No names though. That one was a trial and error. I'm hoping that this one will go down OK.

When you see the results don't take any notice of the comments if you get the wrong answer.
This one is actually much better. Well. I wonder how many people actually use google to answer question. :) I didn't know last question and wasn't sure about first and Monaco prince, but I was sure who didn't serve from that list so I did it right

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Nice! I was hoping to score points on a technicality..a typo in the first question -> Monaca -> Monaco (Monegasque?)
Yes that is correct, a simple typo. It should read Monaco.
That was my last 'ironing out'. I'd actually done it as an experiment to see if I had grabbed MS Forms.
I'd given everyone until Saturday evening to send me questions with verified answers for a quiz on Sunday.
However seeing the amount of bras cassés a ce moment on the forum, I don't think I'll bother myself.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
1596858546044.png
I put the results in the form of excel. With charts and stuff.
The second image shows you that I have purposely kept the answers anonymous.
If I do do another quiz then I will say how many answers there are for example on the first screen shot Question #5 should have three answers (DLEM not being one of them:rolleyes:)
Only one person got the full 50 pts. "And what do points make?" "prizes" (quote from an old tv show)

1596858887578.png

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
A very good question. However since I've been up since 04:30 and it is now 22:38, I'm going to bed.'
Perhaps someone else may answer in the meantime