This is it: I'm going to France

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Home Country
New Zealand
I'm at Aubagne right now at my last week of basic and I can't share much stuff right now but i'm pretty sure that I will get into either the 2e REP or the 2e REG.
I don't have any free time so don't expect me to answer anything here until 3 or 4 months..
Hi paco05. I realize that you don't have lot of time to answer questions, but I'm curious, what are you doing in Aubage, when you haven't finished basic training? The last week is usually spent on tests and orientation - to regiments.

I'm also curious that you will not have any free time for 3 or 4 months before even knowing which regiment you are going to. It could be that you have been listening to rumors of getting to your regiment and it being worse than Castel . Don't worry, you will have plenty of time to correspond when you get to your regiment. Nothing is worse than basic training in Castel. Except doing your corporal and Sgts courses there.

Oleg84

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Home Country
Croatia
Well... Unless I misread something, or something got lost in translation (let's not forget we're not all native English speakers), he says he's completed basic training and is currently in Aubagne, hence my interrogation. Anyway, let's wait for some clarifications on his part.
That is true.
Just mentioned it because to me it sounds like he finished farm and got his Kepi but still has a few months to do. But, I would have absolutely no idea what is he doing in Aubagne then, except maybe, preparation Camerone because Castel sends free working labor every year. ;)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Home Country
New Zealand
That is true.
Just mentioned it because to me it sounds like he finished farm and got his Kepi but still has a few months to do. But, I would have absolutely no idea what is he doing in Aubagne then, except maybe, preparation Camerone because Castel sends free working labor every year. ;)
I'm not really sure that Castel would send newly formed legionnaires, having just received their kepis a fortnight before Camerone to Aubagne, there should be enough EVs knocking around to give a 'helping hand".
Anyway, Oleg84, you never did answer my question on the gaine for the HK?

Oleg84

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Home Country
Croatia
O, they will all be working. Everyone will. ;)
HK 416? I haven't seen de petite merde yet. And how the things are going, I will probably not see it in my first contract and I still have almost two and a half yers to go. :D Famas is a good gun but it's outdated. For everything that you want to do with it or upgrade it, it has to go to a professional armourer. And most of the armies are using some modern tipe of gun so French need to keep up. On the teather it's much easier if the guns are more compatible, it's easier to get needed parts, and so on. But other than that, I can't answer your question, because I still haven't seen it...

Most viewed threads of the week