a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thomas Gast on youtube

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Should I feel concerned? Maybe I'm a paranoïd twat but i'm not posting behind anyone's back.

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Cher petit cabot, il y a des autres lieux pour faire des menaces, PM par example.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Cabot is slang in French for a stray dog... If pussy chops thinks for 1 instant that am gonna be his hound dog... Think twice.

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I did not know that cabot meant that in French slang and I certainly did not mean it that way. I meant it as a familiar term or `tutoyage` amongst caporals. This thread references Gast, someone I once knew. I highjacked it slightly to ask my own selfish questions but what you have written takes it completely off the rails. I haven't (yet) read any of your prior posts to know what you're about but I like this forum and many of the people within it who contribute positively to it.
There are many different ways to f*** people over and one of those ways is through facial recognition software and/or playing with files available globally. As the old adage goes, never throw stones if you live in a glass house.
Anyways, I'm happy to see that M. Gast is alive and well given some of the experiences he's had.

Last edited:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
I just received a question from Joseph, the mod, asking what's my beef with you. I replied, none. Was stating a fact... A stray dog in French... Clebs, clébard, cabot, slang /argot, si tu prefères.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Cabot is slang in French for a stray dog...
Well, not really a stray dog, just a dog generally speaking. A bit old-fashioned. Clebs, clébard are other French slang words for dog, as you mentioned, and are derived from the Arabic kelb. “Cabot” also means somebody who is full of himself, loves to show off in a silly and slightly ridiculous way... Not saying this applies to you... Don't get me wrong. :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Le petit caporal what's wrong and with who you having dispute? I don't see nothing in this thread which should make you grumpy. Unless there is something I don't know about I think you misinterpreting something here.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Dusaloss,do you know ja govirite mali serbie hvarskl? Like, dodji vamo i pushie mi curatz, godspadjiza...merci FROPONU

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dusaloss,do you know ja govirite mali serbie hvarskl? Like, dodji vamo i pushie mi curatz, godspadjiza...merci FROPONU
hahh :). dodji vamo i pushie mi curatz, godspadjiza. To you too. sir. ;) (Haha don't work in that way). Anyway I'm glad when I hear my language which is not google-translated.

Be well my Le petit caporal I hope that there is no any trouble between us.