a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thomas Gast on youtube

Cernunnos

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
England
He's got quite the collection hasn't he?

Cernunnos

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
England
Thanks for introducing me to him, he's quite interesting to listen to.
I couldn't find his Castel video though.

Tammerfors

Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
Yes, I also like the way he talks...Caste video is coming next in few weeks if I read this right.. Very interesting tho....

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
He's Legit all right. We came across each other in Castel, (not sure if I didn't do his basic) We also came across each other in 3 REI I was there Feb 86-88. Then again in the REP. He's wearing a CCS sweatshirt but I always knew him being in the 1 st Cie. I believe he's German.

Ossie O who keeps an eye on the forum from time to time sent me these photos of him.
View attachment 5975
View attachment 5976
View attachment 5977

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
They are very good videos for wannabes by a guy who really served. Too many guys who quit or deserted are making videos. Good to get the perspective of a guy who has really been there and done that in video format. He seems pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Joseph Cosgrove
6 hours ago
Our paths crossed in Guyane 86-88. And again later in the REP

Thomas Gast
Thomas Gast
1 hour ago
i remember you very well, Joseph :)

Taken from the comments on his you tube website. Unfortunately it doesn't say if he remembers me for good or bad things.

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Damn Gast, you (we all) got old.

You still have that quick smile when you get nervous..but you did very well...tres bien a voir.

R. Williams

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Williams, now I remember you. Body builder, always weighing yourself and eating chocolate?

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Pretty much. Eating chocolate is how I lost my upper teeth as you can see. Actually, my avatar is I picture I lifted off the internet and is of a fellow somewhere in Mongolia.
Great smile.

In Castel I ate way too much chocolate until one time when I was away for a few days, my locker was broken into and my stash was taken. Habit cured.

Did you and I ever meet Cos?

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
jwaltos, yes we were in the same company in Castel. You must have had one of the fut-fut who did instruction with me join your section. Either Cliff Ross or Malcolm McDaonald. I remember that you had a fut-fut (from another section) called Mendez, a Spaniard.

jwaltos

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
If it was Ross then he was the one S/C Mari would call ‘Ipswich’. The only thing I remember about a fut-fut Spaniard was that one was stabbed in the back and I can't recall if it was in the same company. I don't have very many photos left as many of them were destroyed over time but I do have a few group photos. For example, if you were in Guyane under Piquemal were you involved in any of the competitions involving the paramilitary there (pompiers, gendarmes...)? I was on the swim team and am dead centre at the back in a large group photo. Out of curiosity, do you remember a Frenchman by the name of Maillet in Castel who was in the ‘regular’ as a para? He was something of a prima donna and it was fitting that he was one of the official faces of the Legion when he was on the Legion website several years ago promoting something... He had about 18 years service at that time.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Wow guys. It's amazing that after all this years on forum you figured out that you met each other. Please don't get me wrong. It's great thing. It would even better if you to have group picture together.