Timbuktu attack

Oleg84

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
Legionnaires doing their job. This June going again to Mali and I got Timbuktu this time.
This time not in the companie de combat but as an Auxsan (Auxiliaire Sanitaire) with infirmerie group, but nonetheless, it will be fun. ;)

https://www.funker530.com/exclusive-french/
(Warning: contains graphic images)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Good Luck Oleg84. Second time around? One of the reasons that makes joining the Legion worthwhile.

OP
Oleg84

Oleg84

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
Yup, second time. First time was in June last year and in Gao. That, almost, doesn't count. ;)
Had luck with that because Auxsans are in high demand...

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Oleg84, If I might... Auxsan stands for auxiliaire sanitaire, as you mentioned, or field medic. They have a CTE 12 (Certificat Technique Élémentaire n°12), which is the military qualification. I know because I've done it. First of all to go on the course, you have to have a slightly higher than average IQ. As for seeing action out in the field, you will be on either front line, in a combat section, or second line in the regiment. As Oleg says, Auxsans are in high demand.
When all the sh*t has calmed down and the others are getting a hot meal and telling “what part they took”, the medics are still very much active.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Auxsans also do lots of assistance stuff (with a doctor) in the villages where some haven't received any proper medical treatment in their lives. They are exempt from guard duty too but do their permanence stuff / stand by. There are a couple of ex-Legion working as infirmiers (male nurses) at Nîmes CHU (hospital)

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Oleg84, If I might... Auxsan stands for auxiliaire sanitaire, as you mentioned, or field medic. They have a CTE 12 (Certificat Technique Élémentaire n°12), which is the military qualification. I know because I've done it. First of all to go on the course, you have to have a slightly higher than average IQ. As for seeing action out in the field, you will be on either front line, in a combat section, or second line in the regiment. As Oleg says, Auxsans are in high demand.
When all the sh*t has calmed down and the others are getting a hot meal and telling “what part they took”, the medics are still very much active.
What point are you trying to get over? The higher IQ me thinks :).

OP
Oleg84

Oleg84

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Croatia
Actually they don't call it anymore as CTE12. Every stage (course) now has a full name. And the rest is mostly correct but even if you are on Role 2 on Opex you still go out with the guys on patrols as an SC2. And right now I'm in Castel doing SC2 and they are really breaking our balls. :D

Auxsans also do lots of assistance stuff (with a doctor) in the villages where some haven't received any proper medical treatment in their lives. They are exempt from guard duty too but do their permanence stuff / stand by. There are a couple of ex-Legion working as infirmiers (male nurses) at Nîmes CHU (hospital).
Normally, that is how it should be... But, as I am still 1CL,l I'm not an exempt of anything. Gardes, corvées, la totale... They even sent me last month in Valloire to help in the kitchen for a whole month. So that was my preparation for SC2. ;)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Papillon, the reference i made to the IQ, was a follow on to a thread concerning NG and NC in the Legion. What I had referred to at the time was that for certain courses (stages) you had to have a certain IQ.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi, it would help if I read all the post or thread but understand your reference to the IQ now, thanks.

Most viewed threads of the week