Timbuktu attack

Oleg84

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Yup, second time. First time was in June last year and in Gao. That, almost, doesn't count. ;)
Had luck with that because Auxsans are in high demand...

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Oleg84, If I might... Auxsan stands for auxiliaire sanitaire, as you mentioned, or field medic. They have a CTE 12 (Certificat Technique Élémentaire n°12), which is the military qualification. I know because I've done it. First of all to go on the course, you have to have a slightly higher than average IQ. As for seeing action out in the field, you will be on either front line, in a combat section, or second line in the regiment. As Oleg says, Auxsans are in high demand.
When all the sh*t has calmed down and the others are getting a hot meal and telling “what part they took”, the medics are still very much active.

Auxsans also do lots of assistance stuff (with a doctor) in the villages where some haven't received any proper medical treatment in their lives. They are exempt from guard duty too but do their permanence stuff / stand by. There are a couple of ex-Legion working as infirmiers (male nurses) at Nîmes CHU (hospital)

Oleg84, If I might... Auxsan stands for auxiliaire sanitaire, as you mentioned, or field medic. They have a CTE 12 (Certificat Technique Élémentaire n°12), which is the military qualification. I know because I've done it. First of all to go on the course, you have to have a slightly higher than average IQ. As for seeing action out in the field, you will be on either front line, in a combat section, or second line in the regiment. As Oleg says, Auxsans are in high demand.
When all the sh*t has calmed down and the others are getting a hot meal and telling “what part they took”, the medics are still very much active.
What point are you trying to get over? The higher IQ me thinks :).

Oleg84

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Actually they don't call it anymore as CTE12. Every stage (course) now has a full name. And the rest is mostly correct but even if you are on Role 2 on Opex you still go out with the guys on patrols as an SC2. And right now I'm in Castel doing SC2 and they are really breaking our balls. :D

Auxsans also do lots of assistance stuff (with a doctor) in the villages where some haven't received any proper medical treatment in their lives. They are exempt from guard duty too but do their permanence stuff / stand by. There are a couple of ex-Legion working as infirmiers (male nurses) at Nîmes CHU (hospital).
Normally, that is how it should be... But, as I am still 1CL,l I'm not an exempt of anything. Gardes, corvées, la totale... They even sent me last month in Valloire to help in the kitchen for a whole month. So that was my preparation for SC2. ;)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Hi Papillon, the reference i made to the IQ, was a follow on to a thread concerning NG and NC in the Legion. What I had referred to at the time was that for certain courses (stages) you had to have a certain IQ.