a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to Go!

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Australia
Finally, after 9 months of training its time to leave. From just 3 pull-ups and Level 5 on the Beep Test I can now reach 18 pull-ups and Level 9 on the Beep Test. When I booked my flight I was at first shaking with anxiety, but now I have accepted whatever the Legion has in store for me. Ironic how a speech back during my days in school could cause so much fear, but flying across the world to possibly fight and face an uncertain fate with a foreign army doesn't faze me. I'll see you soon Legionnaires, that's if I don't get abducted by scary Albanian men like in the film Taken!

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Romania
Finally, after 9 months of training its time to leave. From just 3 pull-ups and Level 5 on the Beep Test I can now reach 18 pull-ups and Level 9 on the Beep Test. When I booked my flight I was at first shaking with anxiety, but now I have accepted whatever the Legion has in store for me. Ironic how a speech back during my days in school could cause so much fear, but flying across the world to possibly fight and face an uncertain fate with a foreign army doesn't faze me. I'll see you soon Legionnaires, that's if I don't get abducted by scary Albanian men like in the film Taken!
Good luck !

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
All the best mate. Remember that we have all had the jitters when going through the gate. Keep your chin up and tell yoursslef that once you get to Castel it gets easier.
That's not true but it helps.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Moorshead,

Good luck don't worry about trepidation it is quite normal when venturing into the unknown. Be the 'Grey Man', obey all orders with alacrity and don't get into any fights. Try to integrate with other nationalities but with circumspection.

Finally 'Bonne Chance' and keep us in the loop whenever possible.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Nah! You have had some good advice from the types around here. Looking back the hardest thing for me was actually walking through those gates and getting through those interviews! If you are in top shape physically you have nothing to worry about! Make an effort to speak to them in French and learn the language! The rest will come naturally. Best of luck! And let us know how you are progressing.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
.post us back on your progress and inform the forum on your expérience. ..evry thing
Pay
Food
Orders
Treatment
Living conditions
Corvées (work détails. ..etc)

You owe us. ..never forget

Most viewed threads of the week