a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today is Judgment Day

Auroris56

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
:mad: Well this is my last post before I leave. I will be flying from Utah to California in about 5 hours. then I will be flying from California to Michigan, after that is the long jaunt to Paris France. I will probably stay out in town a couple days then turn myself over to Aubagne to hopefully become a Legionnaire.
I was going to take a last photo before I left and upload it, but that will have to wait. I lost the cable that connects my camera to the computer So I'm kind of up shit's creek.
Anyway I pulled all of my money out of my bank, got rid of all my credit and debit cards, threw away my car keys, and will only be taking a small size half duffel bag with me that carries the essentials. Right now I'm in super disbelief that I've followed through with this. But I'm compelled to serve again, and ready to start a new life. I'm even thinking about getting my French Citizenship, and just plan on spending the rest of my life in the Legion or French military. But my Tattoo swill probably limit me to the Legion.
Well I will post again as soon as I can and let you know what happens. Thanks for dealing with my bullshit throughout the past several months. It was a form of therapy for me. After living 6 years as a civilian I thought my life was over, but I found redemption in the Legion.

So here I go :cool::cool::cool: (that's the maximum amount of smiley's allowed. That being the total of the number 4.)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
: Well this is my last post before I leave. I will be flying from Utah to California in about 5 hours. then I will be flying from California to Michigan, after that is the long jaunt to Paris France. I will probably stay out in town a couple days then turn myself over to Aubagne to hopefully become a Legionnaire.
I was going to take a last photo before I left and upload it, but that will have to wait. I lost the cable that connects my camera to the computer So I'm kind of up shit's creek.
Anyway I pulled all of my money out of my bank, got rid of all my credit and debit cards, threw away my car keys, and will only be taking a small size half duffel bag with me that carries the essentials. Right now I'm in super disbelief that I've followed through with this. But I'm compelled to serve again, and ready to start a new life. I'm even thinking about getting my French Citizenship, and just plan on spending the rest of my life in the Legion or French military. But my Tattoo swill probably limit me to the Legion.
Well I will post again as soon as I can and let you know what happens. Thanks for dealing with my bullshit throughout the past several months. It was a form of therapy for me. After living 6 years as a civilian I thought my life was over, but I found redemption in the Legion.

So here I go (that's the maximum amount of smiley's allowed. That being the total of the number 4.)

KRAV MEGA THOSE BITCHES UP, BRO ! All the best and don't worry about the smileys. It'll be a big moment in your life when you arrive in France. WTF have I let myself in for ? All the greens have gone through that phase and we're still here. Keep telling yourself that it can only get better while you are in Aubagne. And that it can't get any worse while you are at the farm.:cool:

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
:mad: Well this is my last post before I leave. I will be flying from Utah to California in about 5 hours. then I will be flying from California to Michigan, after that is the long jaunt to Paris France. I will probably stay out in town a couple days then turn myself over to Aubagne to hopefully become a Legionnaire.

So here I go :cool::cool::cool: (that's the maximum amount of smiley's allowed. That being the total of the number 4.)

Give hell bud! No cornholing or poo buddies though! KMTBB !!!!!

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Good luck. Let us know how you get on when you are able to.

DownAnOut

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Portugal
Good luck buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jszy92

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

I'll be following you in about 2 weeks. Good luck man!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Good luck. Let us know how you get on when you are able to.

Chas, he'll get on all right. Pity they don't have an unarmed combat test, but then it's got to be fair for everyone.
Actually I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Today end of WW11. Let's not forget how many lives were lost and that we are now friends, German, Italians, Japonese and anyone one else. The chang beer is on me.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Tiaro101,

Welcome to the forum. It is good to see another Ancien in Green aboard.
I am sure we all look forward to your contributions.

Finleythefox

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I could be wrong but I talked to an American from Utah fresh into the cage today in ordinaire for soup. He had an American flag tattoo on his neck, in his civil clothes...maybe the same guy. Good luck and have fun.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I could be wrong but I talked to an American from Utah fresh into the cage today in ordinaire for soup. He had an American flag tattoo on his neck, in his civil clothes...maybe the same guy. Good luck and have fun.

It's highly likely that that's Auroris56 . There is pics of him somewhere on forum. I can't find it.