QUESTION Training in a gym?

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Brazil
Hello everyone. So, i live in a very clustered urban area where the next park with (broken) gym equipment such as pullup bars and running tracks is at least 20 minutes from my house, if the traffic is good. I live in a building so 2 to 4 blocks around my building are full of pedestrians, unusable for running. Considering those things, it is pretty much impossible for me to train everyday in a practical manner as i am on being able to do a X number of pullups/situps/pushups and run a X number of KMs, so i want to train in a gym. There is a gym 3 minutes away from my house, and they have all the necessary equipment and instructors. However, reading the sticky on this subforum, it doesnt look like people here are very fond of gyms 😅. My question is, do you guys think i will be getting the necessary endurance for the Legion by training in a gym? There are no woods, you can't get in dressed like a soldier, etc.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. So, i live in a very clustered urban area where the next park with (broken) gym equipment such as pullup bars and running tracks is at least 20 minutes from my house, if the traffic is good. I live in a building so 2 to 4 blocks around my building are full of pedestrians, unusable for running. Considering those things, it is pretty much impossible for me to train everyday in a practical manner as i am on being able to do a X number of pullups/situps/pushups and run a X number of KMs, so i want to train in a gym. There is a gym 3 minutes away from my house, and they have all the necessary equipment and instructors. However, reading the sticky on this subforum, it doesnt look like people here are very fond of gyms 😅. My question is, do you guys think i will be getting the necessary endurance for the Legion by training in a gym? There are no woods, you can't get in dressed like a soldier, etc.
feel for you bro..some places are even dangerous to bike/run anywhere due to volume of cars..etc. simply would be better to train for your goals running outside but if you can´t sure you can get fit in a gym. People who say otherwise have never worked out with any real idea or intent in a gym. If i was you i would try some crossfit or try to simulate what you will need rope climbing ..etc. also maybe swimming if you have a pool. The Bleep test you can set up outside anywhere with little space or in a course room. If there is crossfit i am sure they already have a set up they use for this. endurance you will have to get on the treadmill and bike.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Norway
I don’t know about that, but personaly I would have other priorities. E,g, pretty chichas, a beer on a nice beachfront bar, some quiet music..........Training in a stuffy gym? Not me, mate. Ask the P’tite Caporal, he knows.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
I don’t know about that, but personaly I would have other priorities. E,g, pretty chichas, a beer on a nice beachfront bar, some quiet music..........Training in a stuffy gym? Not me, mate. Ask the P’tite Caporal, he knows.
I go in woods near me. Busy here too. Pain in the @ss

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Use the best of what you have. Yeah you'll probably go there with soft woman feet but they'll get toughened up quick. Find a treadmill, it's better than nothing

Most viewed threads of the week