Training with a full time job

Stellar Mella

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Indonesia
Hi everyone, currently im unemployed , but I know I will be employed soon and I would like to hear any suggestions in regards to training with a full time employment (working 8-10 hours). I can only allocate 3 hrs of my evening for training. From what i've read in the forum the most prominent training program is mr Stoeng's program. However i've read that the Legion also has a cooper test and for most units in the legion the standard is 2800 m/ 12 min, for REP its 3200, currently my average 12 min is around 2750. my planned training sessions is the following : 4 km run for time (to increase the distance covered in 12 min), & bodyweight circuit M to F. This would take on average 45 min, however i will do this workout after combat sports training that would usually last 1 or 1 1/2 hrs. On saturdays and sundays i would do twice a days, 4 km run + bodyweight circuit and kettlebells in the morning, and a long run and bodyweight circuit at 5 pm (saturday), and 4 km run for time + bodyweight circuit KB (to maintain functional strength and joint motion) in morning, and combat sports training in evening. My question is should I incorporate long runs and rucking more in the 45 min (thus eliminating the body weight circuit) or should I focus more on the cooper & bodyweight stuffs (pull ups and push ups)? I'm also cautious so I dont overtrain myself and end up sick. any suggestions are appreciated. thank you

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
What kind of job are you going to be doing? You may be overdoing the training. When are you going to join the legion? If it is not too long away, I; would recommend that you train on your pull ups and beep test and then long distance running. Let Castel train you up for the rest,
For the long distance running, or even orienteering, I;d suggest that you join a club and go in for competitions, It is no secret that the legion is very big on running.

OP
S

Stellar Mella

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Indonesia
What kind of job are you going to be doing? You may be overdoing the training. When are you going to join the legion? If it is not too long away, I; would recommend that you train on your pull ups and beep test and then long distance running. Let Castel train you up for the rest,
For the long distance running, or even orienteering, I;d suggest that you join a club and go in for competitions, It is no secret that the legion is very big on running.
Thanks for the reply, I will do a desk job sir, I'm pretty much comfortable training 2 1/2 -3 hrs everynight, I will go within 2-3 years from now

OP
S

Stellar Mella

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Indonesia
No need to call me sir,
2-3 years?
Good luck convincing the recruiting staff in Aubagne that all you ever wanted to do was be a legionnaire. Keep motivated.
well its about the minimum amount I need to have in the bank, the wage/ pay that i'll get for a college graduate level job is approximatelyeurope -$400, im able to save atleast 160-200 a month, the minimum amount I need to have to get a schengen visa is ~5000$ not including the plane ticket and plus I need to have proof of a hotel reservation and a ticket back to Indo as a requirement to get visa, so ill probably need around ~$6000, that's why there's not a lot of middle class young men in Indonesia going to europe

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, currently im unemployed , but I know I will be employed soon and I would like to hear any suggestions in regards to training with a full time employment (working 8-10 hours). I can only allocate 3 hrs of my evening for training. From what i've read in the forum the most prominent training program is mr Stoeng's program. However i've read that the Legion also has a cooper test and for most units in the legion the standard is 2800 m/ 12 min, for REP its 3200, currently my average 12 min is around 2750. my planned training sessions is the following : 4 km run for time (to increase the distance covered in 12 min), & bodyweight circuit M to F. This would take on average 45 min, however i will do this workout after combat sports training that would usually last 1 or 1 1/2 hrs. On saturdays and sundays i would do twice a days, 4 km run + bodyweight circuit and kettlebells in the morning, and a long run and bodyweight circuit at 5 pm (saturday), and 4 km run for time + bodyweight circuit KB (to maintain functional strength and joint motion) in morning, and combat sports training in evening. My question is should I incorporate long runs and rucking more in the 45 min (thus eliminating the body weight circuit) or should I focus more on the cooper & bodyweight stuffs (pull ups and push ups)? I'm also cautious so I dont overtrain myself and end up sick. any suggestions are appreciated. thank you
Over complicating it all & if you have still energy to do combat Sport Training 1,5 hours then circuits, you are not Training very hard. Better you concentrate on less but train hard. You need to recover or you will burn out and get injured. A basic full body workout with press ups, kettle bells, rope climbing nö more than 3 times a week, muscle builds when resting. Martial arts training is great for an Overall workout like BJJ but if you want to be a good runner you need to run regular. Hiit cardio a lot do for mma Training but Joe Hit the nail on the head. Longer runs with fartlek training but also Hiit cardio Sprints. You have a lot of time to get ready.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
Without over complicating this myself 😆this is why you need to do endurance runs & also Sprints(muscle fibres trained, fast/slow twich fibres) . Think about the cooper test it's both. Also with your weight training endurance work high reps with little rest between exercises. Also do some static holds, slow negatives on the weight training. You need strong tendons & ligaments so plyometrics jumping onto boxes.. Etc.

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
He's right about shin splints. Jumping rope is great.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
well its about the minimum amount I need to have in the bank, the wage/ pay that i'll get for a college graduate level job is approximatelyeurope -$400, im able to save atleast 160-200 a month, the minimum amount I need to have to get a schengen visa is ~5000$ not including the plane ticket and plus I need to have proof of a hotel reservation and a ticket back to Indo as a requirement to get visa, so ill probably need around ~$6000, that's why there's not a lot of middle class young men in Indonesia going to europe
I think you need to look at getting to Europe another way , jump a ship? borrow the fee for the visa and repay it as soon as you get in the Legion?
I`d also check visa fee`s , if you are using an agent it sounds like they are robbing you , Travel to Holland

OP
S

Stellar Mella

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Indonesia
Over complicating it all & if you have still energy to do combat Sport Training 1,5 hours then circuits, you are not Training very hard. Better you concentrate on less but train hard. You need to recover or you will burn out and get injured. A basic full body workout with press ups, kettle bells, rope climbing nö more than 3 times a week, muscle builds when resting. Martial arts training is great for an Overall workout like BJJ but if you want to be a good runner you need to run regular. Hiit cardio a lot do for mma Training but Joe Hit the nail on the head. Longer runs with fartlek training but also Hiit cardio Sprints. You have a lot of time to get ready.

I might reduce the frequency of my combat sports training to 5x a week, but not training at all is not an option. so ill try to run more after practice (to increase speed), and do three long run workouts during my off days (saturdays and sundays) as well as a 4 k run and bodyweight + kettlebells. However, since I got 2 years to prepare, I will try to focus more on runs in the last 6 months. Currently my endurance isn't bad at all (I can run3 hours non stop at a 9 min/ mile pace) and 13 k in 1hr 30 min. My pull ups and push ups are also decent (my max is 28 pull ups and 65 push ups in 1 minute. So my focus is on maintaining those numbers. I also do kettlebells to maintain muscular and tendon strength so I dont get injured while training combat sports. Generally my only problem is my run and rucking speed (my legs are short AF, im only 165 cm) so i'll try to incorporate more sprints and run for time workouts.

OP
S

Stellar Mella

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Indonesia
I might reduce the frequency of my combat sports training to 5x a week, but not training at all is not an option. so ill try to run more after practice (to increase speed), and do three long run workouts during my off days (saturdays and sundays) as well as a 4 k run and bodyweight + kettlebells. However, since I got 2 years to prepare, I will try to focus more on runs in the last 6 months. Currently my endurance isn't bad at all (I can run3 hours non stop at a 9 min/ mile pace) and 13 k in 1hr 30 min. My pull ups and push ups are also decent (my max is 28 pull ups and 65 push ups in 1 minute. So my focus is on maintaining those numbers. I also do kettlebells to maintain muscular and tendon strength so I dont get injured while training combat sports. Generally my only problem is my run and rucking speed (my legs are short AF, im only 165 cm) so i'll try to incorporate more sprints and run for time workouts.

OP
S

Stellar Mella

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Indonesia
Without over complicating this myself 😆this is why you need to do endurance runs & also Sprints(muscle fibres trained, fast/slow twich fibres) . Think about the cooper test it's both. Also with your weight training endurance work high reps with little rest between exercises. Also do some static holds, slow negatives on the weight training. You need strong tendons & ligaments so plyometrics jumping onto boxes.. Etc.

I usually to plymoetric type stuffs after the regular 4 k run (usually 8 x 10 set pull ups, 22 x 10 sets push ups, and leg raises) kettlebells are usually on saturdays & sundays. I also try to get 8-10 hours sleep daily so social life is pretty much out of the window for me hahaha

OP
S

Stellar Mella

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Indonesia
I think you need to look at getting to Europe another way , jump a ship? borrow the fee for the visa and repay it as soon as you get in the Legion?
I`d also check visa fee`s , if you are using an agent it sounds like they are robbing you , Travel to Holland
Well here we can only get a schengen visa via TLS contact which was appointed by the french embassy in Indo. Travelling to holland is also an option (the bank requirements aren't as strict as France). I'll try to find other "illegitimate" ways to go, but currently those are my only options.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
You don't need to focus so much to PUT. Many guys doing just that. Talking here about some excellent numbers and then we never hear from them again.
Joining FFL isn't about being super athlete. Of course one need to be in decent shape, but there is no need for exaggeration.

Also (nothing personal Stellar Mella, you are not only one ) I'm really tired about guys talking here about their sport numbers

OP
S

Stellar Mella

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Indonesia
well im not trying to impress anyone, im just trying to get suggestions relevant to my current condition so that I can focus on my weaknesses and maintain my strengths

OP
S

Stellar Mella

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Indonesia
You don't need to focus so much to PUT. Many guys doing just that. Talking here about some excellent numbers and then we never hear from them again.
Joining FFL isn't about being super athlete. Of course one need to be in decent shape, but there is no need for exaggeration.

Also (nothing personal Stellar Mella, you are not only one ) I'm really tired about guys talking here about their sport numbers
I know convincing others via online forum is almost useless, I try to state things matter factly wth no BS

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
you´ll need to eat enough good food to sustain your training programme :)

giphy.gif

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom

Chill out dude with the Groovy Train ...

Most viewed threads of the week