Travel buddies

Hello,

I'm from Australia planning to go on the second half. If not, the next winter (October or so).

A bit about me: can't join the ADF for superficial reasons (shit grades + personal reasons) . Shit going on at home that won't end any time soon. 15 pull ups, 3000m in 12min (take a minute or 2 if I vomit). 175cm, 18 yo (19 when I leave)

Planning to leave with 20 pullups without struggle.

Let me know if you're keen on having a travel buddy if you're going at a similar time

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Hi Ski and welcome to the forum. I can understand you wanting to meet up with someone else from the forum and the two of you joining up together. After all you both have a common goal and also have the forum in common. Just remember that once you get in, you are on your own. I din't mean ignore your travel buddy, but if he gets binned or into a fight or whatever, don't get involved.

What I would suggest is that you knock on the door at different times. I mean you have no idea who this guy really is. If he turns out to be a bad apple, you don't want to be associated with him. Coming from Oz, it's a long way to go to be rejected. Also, if you can, join is summer rather than winter, because France can get awfully cold.

Hahaha. Fair enough. Didn't really want to join the ADF because they're employing a huge number of homosexuals, overweight people and transvestites rather than more effective candidates.

Ski,
Welcome to the forum. Going with a 'buddy' for travel is ok. However at the gates it is better to go your separate ways. Once there you will be on your own fighting your own personal battles.

I know from another service that joint joining does not work. We even separated brothers joining up at the same time.

99% need not apply.

Papillon

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Ski,
Welcome to the forum. Going with a 'buddy' for travel is ok. However at the gates it is better to go your separate ways. Once there you will be on your own fighting your own personal battles.

I know from another service that joint joining does not work. We even separated brothers joining up at the same time.

99% need not apply.
99% have no intentions of applying (thank god) Still think we are saving life’s!

Most viewed threads of the week

Top Bottom