Trench Warfare

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Hand to hand fighting to the death in the trenches must have taken some balls .
I agree with you there surfguy. I remember reading a novel about the two opposing trench sides digging tunnels under the no-man's land. Sometimes they would connect and then it was shovels and picks.

SnafuSmite

Too be honest I'd take modern warfare over ancient anyday. Rather drop a bomb on me and blow me into a million pieces and dust than being malleted or whacked with a warhammer or battleaxe!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Talking about trench warfare. We have been flooded out from the heaviest rain fall in years. The water pump has literally blown a fuse. Water has seeped into the kitchen and into my office. Erika has also blown a fuse (at me) saying that next time she will choose the next house which we'll live in. As if I choose the house we live in:eek:. :rolleyes:

The water pump is also on the same fuse as the fridge. So I'll be to blame if we have to throw everything out. What I usually do before she reaches DEFCON 1 and before the silos have opened is take off to the gym or go out for a drink. Because I won't be able to get a shower; no water pump, and the gym will flooded anyway. And it was too early for a beer, I had to wait until the land lord came. He's German so we are lucky, and he came straight away. Luckily Erika, goes out for food before applying her scorched earth campaign.

She's back with club sandwiches and a beer. Which is why I'm pretending to be busy.

SnafuSmite

Its never too early for a beer and a club sandwich:)! As for the scorched earth campaign, I reccomended a case hardened concrete bunker with a blast seal door. Germans are not known for their sense of humour......:ROFLMAO:

Too be honest I'd take modern warfare over ancient anyday. Rather drop a bomb on me and blow me into a million pieces and dust than being malleted or whacked with a warhammer or battleaxe!
They layed lots of explosives under the enemy trenches. Was one particular battle the Brits used it to devistating Effect. There are still French Farm houses sitting on Underground explosives. Was a great Youtube Video on it

SnafuSmite

They layed lots of explosives under the enemy trenches. Was one particular battle the Brits used it to devistating Effect. There are still French Farm houses sitting on Underground explosives. Was a great Youtube Video on it
There's a movie, Beneath Hill 60, based on the mine detonation at Messines Ridge by the Aussies. Good watch.

Most viewed threads of the week