Google the area, c'est magnifique

Last edited:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Talking about trench warfare. We have been flooded out from the heaviest rain fall in years. The water pump has literally blown a fuse. Water has seeped into the kitchen and into my office.
It's been raining heavily non stop the last 2 day's here
I have water coming thru my bay windows, even with the eletric shutter down
Haven't left the house since
Some one knocked at my window
That's not normal., no one has ever knocked at my window, NEVER !
Being on my guard, i asked, "who goes there?"
"The postman, Monsieur", was the reply
And again, that's just normal
Begining to freak out here
Any one can pretend to be a Post man and knock on my window
And the rain water is still seeping thru my bay window
Am having to mop up fast and furious
And the so called Post man is knocking harder and harder
Bloody not normal
I live on the 10 th floor, ffs!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Still raining here. In spite of the weeks/months they have taken to redo the roads and streets with the enormous storm drains and man hole covers every ten meters the roads and streets are still flooded (Cha Am). The difference here in Thailand is the roads are tarmac and the streets are concrete, I kid you not. When it rains hard the roads are blocked on the main roads from Bangkok, one going North and the other going south. this is because due to the terrain the roads go up and down, much as a roller coaster. Instead of making drains (they obviously built the roads during the dry season) they just left it.
1541817435394.png ----------1541817493066.png

The electrician came and had the owner buy a new pump. I said that I was sure it was just the wire which was worn, and as it's outside, the rain was getting to it. It's his money ! When they changed the pump, they left the original wire in place. As soon as they plugged it in, it blew. I asked them why they didn't test the pump first and begin by changing the obviously used electric wire? As is typical here, they either pretend to not understand and when you grab a hold of the wire and hold it under their noses, they ignore you.

They eventually changed the wire. However ! Wait for it. The wire goes through a hole in the wall. They started on the pump side. Unless they got a sledge hammer and increased the size of the whole, there was no way that they were going to get it through. So they cut the existing wire and the plug end of the new wire and taped them together with electrician's tape. I don't know how much they charged the land lord for all that, but thankfully he listend to me when they offered to get rid of the 'old' pump. He has a few houses here in Thailand, so at least he has a spare pump in perfect working order.

When you see advertisements for the land of smiles, they always finish with 'amazing Thailand'.:ROFLMAO::unsure::ROFLMAO:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
Source : 20 minutes
Who is Albert Roche ?
Albert Roche, described by the Maréchal Foch as the, 'Premier soldat de France'...
1 meter 58
Wounded 9 times
Captured and escaped once
He captured 1.180 enemy
Crawled , 6 hours to retrieve his wounded captain
He is on a special serie of stamps, Mémoires de Héros
Very little is known about him
Died in a tragic accident in 1939, Sorgue in the Vaucluse, stepping off the bus

Most viewed threads of the week