Trying Again With Fake Passport

Ratings
Home Country
United States
Trying Again With A Fake Passport... Good luck,
"If caught, you guys think would I get sent to jail or just kicked?"... Both.
And if I have your IP, and anyone from the "gestapo" monitoring the forum also has.
I wasn’t stupid enough to not use a VPN to ask this, but thanks for the response either way. I appreciate it.

Ratings
Home Country
United States
If you are British its not that difficult to get a passport in a different name , you just change your name legally then apply for everything in your new name, I doubt theres many other countries where you can do that.
Not british, but I hadn’t thought about that. It’s actually a very good idea and I’ll look into it. Thank you.

Ratings
Home Country
United States
I wouldn't try mate, don't think the Legion are daft. And then posting on a public forum isn't the brightest. Just out of curiosity why didn't you just wait after your surgery and keep training? What was the rush?
I’ve heard about the winter thing like everyone else. At the time I had one chance to go in the winter and i didn’t know if I would have the chance again. I had to take it at the moment. I didn’t think my eyes would get that bad. I didn’t mention it either of course, since I knew about the one year wait thing required.

Ratings
Home Country
United States
Well he can reach France using his real passport and then he can use the fake with the Legion BUT (a big one)

In this time and age, i doubt a fake passport will foul any government, let alone the French.
Sure he may be able to foul the people doing the interview.
But let's be honest, if they let you join the FFL.. most likely they will check the passport of the new greens and cross reference with the American RSO in France and the Interpol... Sooner or later they are going to find out...

Then what??? For sure he will kicked from Europe, he will get a entry ban for 5 years since he used falsified documents.. (https://eur-lex.europa.eu)
Is not only being back at square one but worst than before, because now he will be in trouble with the EU.....
Didn’t know about that law, thank you for informing me, will look into it. I don’t have any Interpol notice on my passport so I’m not worried about that, but I see how the truth might come out if I was actually accepted in. Either way, thank you for your input.

Ratings
Home Country
United States
IHateVegetables, do not make this mistake dude, just forget about the Legion and be a normal person. The life is so beautiful and full with opportunities. So what happend happened by reason. You like it or not this is your faith. Maybe you do not believe me but everything is for your good.
Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate it. Sometimes though, you have to go through a thousand hoops to get to your goal, and not just give up and say it’s that way for a reason. Thank you for your input though.

Ratings
Home Country
United States
If he can afford a fake passport, a ticket to France, has Internet connection. Doesn't seem to be in a no lose situation.
Sorry to say this, but a lot people seems to want make their story waaaaay too tragic that is too hard to eat. I mean, if you have Internet you are already way better than a lot of people in the world.
I’m not trying to sound tragic or anything. I know I am very lucky compared to perhaps millions living in poverty just because I have a place to sleep that doesn’t leak and food everyday. Necessity comes in many forms though, and I do believe I need the Legion. One way or another I will overcome this issue. Thank you for your input.

Ratings
Home Country
United States
hey man.did you try to send a letter to COMLE?
Never even thought of doing it. It seems like a ridiculously far fetched idea, like sending a letter to the President of the US hoping that some random guy from the other side of the world could join his army.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
807 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Pretty much like trying to fool the French Government with a Fake passport in 2018.
That very same thought came to me. However IHVeggies, the idea of sending the letter to the COMLE, has worked in the past. It's obviously not him who deals with it. They probably pass it on to the recruiting board who will decide if you deserve another chance or not.

Ratings
Home Country
Bulgaria
The idea to send letter to COMLE sounds common sense...maybe if he explain the situation in polite manner...who knows.

Ratings
Home Country
United States
That very same thought came to me. However IHVeggies, the idea of sending the letter to the COMLE, has worked in the past. It's obviously not him who deals with it. They probably pass it on to the recruiting board who will decide if you deserve another chance or not.
I have nothing to lose. I will look into it and see how I can go about doing it. Might as well try all avenues before doing something extreme. Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it.

Most viewed threads of the week