a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying out in less than a week

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Canadian. 27. No drug use or known medical or mental problems. I can do 14 pull ups and beep test at level 10 with 10 shuttles. Hoping to get into 13dble in the future

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Well in mate. Keep pushing urself for atleast another couple pull ups, and wish you all the best!! Where are you going to join?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Welcome and good luck. With this limited info you gave us, you look like good candidate.

Can you give us a bit more about yourself?

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Well in mate. Keep pushing urself for atleast another couple pull ups, and wish you all the best!! Where are you going to join?
Probably Paris. Depending on what cash I got I may take the train to Aubagne. I have some military experience here but been out of the forces for a while just at home unemployed so wanted to try for the Légion étrangère. If I don't make it I guess I'll wait around to get back in the forces.

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Welcome and good luck. With this limited info you gave us, you look like good candidate.

Can you give us a bit more about yourself?
Was in the Canadian Forces reserves for almost four years but they wouldn't advance my career at all for active duty so I got sick of waiting around. Plus some other things going on made me want a fresh start. Joining the foreign Legion has been a lifelong dream of mine. Outside of military there wasn't much jobs available for me and it was hard to pay get enough for rent or food. So had to move in my parents in a rural town here with zero options for me.

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Well if you join at Paris at least you'll get a ticket back to Paris and be near CDG if it doesn't go as planned. Well as a bud said good luck, just keep up training until you leave and keep your motivation good 😀.

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Well if you join at Paris at least you'll get a ticket back to Paris and be near CDG if it doesn't go as planned. Well as a bud said good luck, just keep up training until you leave and keep your motivation good 😀.
Thanks brother. Nervous as hell but motivated as hell too ha.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Hi and welcome,
Physical sounds ok. Can you swim? Can you describe yourself (height, weight, shoe size, etc.)
Can you speak French, like many Canadiens do?
Merci.

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Hello,

Swim yes. Military and fitness are my only two real interests. I don't have too much in the ways of ties to anywhere. Only have a few friends. Height 180cm and weight 89kg. Shoe size 11. I'm not fluent in French I’m an Anglophone but I know the basics so to speak. I can pick out enough from conversations and signs to understand but don't consider myself fluent.

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Sound good to go then mate !! Remember dont get yourself unmotivated or down when your at preselection id say because it will probably be boring as f*ck and busy also with it being summer.

Alsooo... volunteer yourself for corvee to try keep yourself busy and look keen? I dont know what fort de nogent is like though tbh i was at aubagne maybe another member could ellaborate. There are posts somewhere if you search of the day to day runnings at paris though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Sound good to go then mate !! Remember dont get yourself unmotivated or down when your at preselection id say because it will probably be boring as fuck and busy also with it being summer.

Alsooo... volunteer yourself for corvee to try keep yourself busy and look keen? I dont know what fort de nogent is like though tbh i was at aubagne maybe another member could ellaborate. There are posts somewhere if you search of the day to day runnings at paris though.

Yes my plan is to work as hard as possible and keep my mouth shut ha.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
All sounds good. Even just a little French is better than none at all.
Size sounds good and shoe size too (proportional) and the weight. Ongoing train strikes at the moment in France
It's cluster fuque
Arriving in Paris and heading to Aubagne. ...!
Head straight to FdN is my advice
Avoid sight seeing and tourism bull
Don't talk to strangers and travel light
Best of luck and keep us informed.

rashisan

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
Welcome foxhound,
as Le petit caporal said, go strait to Paris - Fort de Nogent. After 2 week maybe you will go anyway to Aubagne.
Just to remind about the tattoos if you have any visible on your face, head etc. people were sent home because of this. When you get there make sure you took some rest before entering the fort. You will have a short IQ test and pool ups of course but you already know. Many i said many guys do not pass the initial IQ test which is a shame! So please take a look in the internet or where you want about IQ test, try to solve them.
Good luck!

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Foxhound,
Welcome to the forum. As I have often stated, when you go, obey all orders with alacrity, however menial. Don't get into disputes with others and stay the 'grey man'. Display the 'want factor' at all times.

Good luck in all your endeavours.

Chas with T shirt trained by former WW2 Cdos and an old fart !