a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION Turks and French Legion question

Reaction score
Home Country
Turkey
First my English is bad please forgive me. I hope you understand my question. I search French Legion for long time because I want be a French Soldier but ı see some Turk comments. I'm Turk.

First Turk say: ''I was French Legion Soldier but ı was quit because I see racist persons. My commander (Race: Russian) defamation me. Defamation reason is: Old times Turkiye shoot Russian pilot (I'm so sorry for this) I guess date at 2016. I'm not shooting plane. My think If you Defamation anyone for this you should defamation Turkiye president but commander long time mobbing me. Some soldiers hate me because I'm Turk.

Second Turk say: "I was French Legion soldier but ı was quit because ı see a lot of racist soldier. I was see a lot of Russian soldier. I'm quit this job because I can't resist racism."

Can you be honest me please? are These sentences true? And they say "Breakfast = 20 GR honey + bread'' is this true? I wonder this question's answers. They say "
You have to shower in 1 minute and if you don't they send you naked to your bed"

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I can't comment on what other people have written, I'm sure that everyone who decides that the legion is not for them will have tales of atrocities. It kind of helps to swallow the bitter pill.
As for Breakfast, it won't be a good old British bacon and eggs that is for sure. But the petit déjeuner subject has been discussed on here to exhaustion.
As for the one minute shower, who knows - practice it. We had one guy on here who was practicing it every time he took a shower. Not a good idea,
I'm not sure if Defamation is the right word. I don't think that anyone hated him because he was a Turk. It was because he was a knobber who couldn't hack it (although the fact that he's a Turk may have helped :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: - I'm on form lads)
I don't know if any of the anciens remember an adj Yilmaz, I came across him in the 13, a Turk who could not stand the Brits. He was the chef de section of a section full of English speakers, basically because he didn't drink. But he led by example.

Reaction score
Home Country
Turkey
I can't comment on what other people have written, I'm sure that everyone who decides that the legion is not for them will have tales of atrocities. It kind of helps to swallow the bitter pill.
As for Breakfast, it won't be a good old British bacon and eggs that is for sure. But the petit déjeuner subject has been discussed on here to exhaustion.
As for the one minute shower, who knows - practice it. We had one guy on here who was practicing it every time he took a shower. Not a good idea,
I'm not sure if Defamation is the right word. I don't think that anyone hated him because he was a Turk. It was because he was a knobber who couldn't hack it (although the fact that he's a Turk may have helped :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: - I'm on form lads)
I don't know if any of the anciens remember an adj Yilmaz, I came across him in the 13, a Turk who could not stand the Brits. He was the chef de section of a section full of English speakers, basically because he didn't drink. But he led by example.
Thank you for your comment. I don't believe God. If I want I can drink alchol but ı can't because unhealthy. I understand this topics: breakfast and shower.

İs this a joke or serious ı don't understand? :D "(although the fact that he's a Turk may have helped :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: - I'm on form lads)"

My think races aren't important. I'm not nationalist person. Race is affiliated to lucky so why people care races I don't know. If really some soldiers racist I need know because I will start gym (regularly spor) + regularly long walkings + earn some money + learn French language + Plane ticket + change country for Legion. I scaring see mobbing and racism.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Johnny Turk' in days of yore were damn fine soldiers. Brits respected them highly in WW1.

More my vintage, albeit I obviously did not serve there Korea, where they had a good reputation.

As for now I have no idea.

Chas the Dinosaur.

Reaction score
Home Country
Turkey
Johnny Turk' in days of yore were damn fine soldiers. Brits respected them highly in WW1.

More my vintage, albeit I obviously did not serve there Korea, where they had a good reputation.

As for now I have no idea.

Chas the Dinosaur.
Thank you for your comment. :)