Until you can join the forum - Questions !

OP
Joseph Cosgrove

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi V, I can only suggest that you contact the airport, even if you are not going by plane.
We've had one, who made it, a US citizen A_wnaderer.

I found this, I don't know if it will help dated from 13 august:
People seeking to enter France can take the test before traveling or at the border, except for those from Chile, Bosnia Herzegovina, Moldova, and Armenia, who must take the test before leaving the country.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/france-doubles-list-of-high-risk-covid-19-countries/1940632#

this is a little more up to date 01 October:
B. Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Equatorial Guinea, India, Israel, Kirghizstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Maldives, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Oman, Palestinian Territories, Peru, Qatar, Serbia, South Africa or Turkey: you will have to either present a negative PCR test result, carried out less than 72 hours before departure, or submit to such a test at the airport upon arrival in France.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
North Korea
If you have a flight from Montenegro to France...where is the ban on traveling?
So long as you are negative on Covid, you should be okay to go, imo
Wear your face mask at all times...even during the flight (it's the rule here in France)

OP
Joseph Cosgrove

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
This from SC,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to post this.

1. I know the age limit is 39.5 but at do many people in their mid 30's get selected?

2. Does having served in the military & than as a PMC work in your favour or should you keep that to yourself in you interviews?

I’m 36(37 in February) served ten years in the British military and then moved into the PMC and maritime security industry which I worked until 2018. Since then I have drifted; lost touch with what friends and family I had and I am now to old to re enlist in the British military. I am fit and able bodied and would value your honest opinion on my chances of being considered.

Kind regards

No worries, mate,
As for your age, let's be honest it's going against you. However saying that there is an advantage if you can keep a low profile and get past the recruiters in Aubagne, the fact that you've got a few years experience in the army and PMC, will work in your favor.
The legion would be a pretty bad state if it was only young eastern blocks who are hoping for money and a passport, hence why the age limit is 39.5.
The only advice that I can give you is to go for it before it really is too late.
This from SC, I got it on Thursday, but forgot to check Loustic's mail yesterday 😲.

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if anyone has any further advice on selection preparation. My fitness is on track and so is my french but I would be grateful for a list of commands that are used and any marching songs that I could start to learn maybe.

I’m also interested in anything and or everything else that might be useful to know.

On a different note I had a conversation recently where I got some advice/information and was wondering if anyone could confirm it. I was advised to volunteer for something called Rapid for CPL’s at

Castel due to my age and previous military/PMC background and the request 2REI again I’d give the option. This is the first time I’d ever of “Rapid to CPL” so thought I would ask but if this is correct what leave of French (Spoken/reading/writing) would be required and what else?

Again I thank you in advance.