a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Until you can join the forum - Questions !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I created a mail address in order to find out why no one could join ( tap here to go why )
Basically until the Web master can fix the hiccup with the 'weak password' issue, if any one who has been trying to join the forum and has a question he can send it to my makeshift email address and I will poste it for them on the forum. I have to warn you that I will only check it once, perhaps twice a day.
Please avoid medical questions as there are no doctors on the Forum.
alandorsel73@gmail.com

And before anyone accuses me of being the original night jumper o_O. His address has an"i" in it with no number. He is on Skype under "alain Legionary" (all in caps.)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
...How long will it take before I can try for selection for the GCP...
AP

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Bonjour,

Mon compte n'a pas été validé :
Nom : Russian forum FFL
Email : legionetrangere.ru@gmail.com

Je suis administrateur www.Legion-Etrangere.ru

Merci.

Cordialement, LC

Bonjour LC,

I had of course promised myself not to reveal any and email addresses or names -or to reply to mails directly- so it is on the open that I will reply to you.
The Forum is going through a bit of a problem at the moment which has only recently come to light, I will of course transmit your (frustration ? -for want of a better word) concerns to the web master, via the "contact us" tab at the very bottom of the Forum page.
As for the email address, there should be no problem,

Cordialement,
Joe

P,s, C'y est, c'est fait.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
And before anyone accuses me of being the original night jumper o_O. His address has an"i" in it with no number. He is on Skype under "alain Legionary" (all in caps.)[/COLOR]
Joe, you can only be Night Jumper wannabe. That level of lying, sliminess and low life takes years to develop. And even then I don't think you will be near to him. You have to have some talent. You have to be born as Night Jumper! :)

Crawdad

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I guess there is more SAS -man in Thailand than ever served that unit. I wonder how looks when two walts meat each other and start mutually lying. :)

Off topic, but I've seen something like that happen once. They were both soldiers, so not total Walts, but both of them were what we called "one-uppers"; the kind of guy you meet from time to time who, no matter what you've done, they have done also but better and more dramatic. It was at the smoke pit in Ali Al- Salem AFB in Kuwait, which is where US troops went on their way to and from R&R stateside from both Iraq and 'gannystan back then. Both of the one-uppers were Engineers (like myself); one of them deployed to Iraq, the other to Afghanistan. Both of them were doing their utter best to make each place sound like Verdun or the Somme in an effort to top the other guy. I had been to both places, so I knew it was all ridiculous BS and the were both full of it. But it was entertaining BS, so I let it ride. A Marine NCO ended up coming by, overheard all this crap, and called them both out on their nonsense.

So that's what happens, Dusa. Two walts generally won't call each other other out; they just make up even more crap to best the other walt. It's pretty glorious.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Off topic, but I've seen something like that happen once. They were both soldiers, so not total Walts, but both of them were what we called "one-uppers"; the kind of guy you meet from time to time who, no matter what you've done, they have done also but better and more dramatic. It was at the smoke pit in Ali Al- Salem AFB in Kuwait, which is where US troops went on their way to and from R&R stateside from both Iraq and 'gannystan back then. Both of the one-uppers were Engineers (like myself); one of them deployed to Iraq, the other to Afghanistan. Both of them were doing their utter best to make each place sound like Verdun or the Somme in an effort to top the other guy. I had been to both places, so I knew it was all ridiculous BS and the were both full of it. But it was entertaining BS, so I let it ride. A Marine NCO ended up coming by, overheard all this crap, and called them both out on their nonsense.

So that's what happens, Dusa. Two walts generally won't call each other other out; they just make up even more crap to best the other walt. It's pretty glorious.
Yeah man, of course. Fact that someone served or being deployed doesn't mean he would be perfectly honest. I mean Many guys sometimes would probably add something here and there to look better and I can understand that. But when they making some totally ridiculous story not based on reality at all ... its miserable. I heard many stories from guys who were allegedly been in toughest places of Croatian and Bosnian war, just to find out later that they are actually just on military exercise far from front line.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Good evening,

Just a quick email introducing myself(not in too much detail as I’ll wait until I can post on the forum).

I’m a 26 year old jock. I served 8 years in the British military and obviously I’m hoping to join the french foreign legion.

I can’t seem to post any questions as of yet, as I’m still waiting to get accepted. However I look forward to firing some questions out there when I can(the dreaded medical questions mainly).

Thanks in advance,
F.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Alright then Jock! :) A word of warning though. Be careful what you say on the forum. Also I would pick a user name that could not be connected to you, unlike myself ;). Loustic has already been taken so you will have to come up with something else:ROFLMAO:.
If you have got any questions then ask away, even medical. That is what the forum is here for, well one of the things anyway. Although as I've said (at the moment) there are no doctors on here and ultimately it will be the legion doctor who decides.
I check out my Fake email twice a day, so ask away.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Jock,;)

I hope you eventually enjoy the forum. Be circumspect in what you post.
As for me at 81 + 'frankly I could not give a damn.'
Good luck in all your future endeavours- so Bonne Chance.(y)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
This from V I'll post it in the appropriate thread.

Hello guys , I am from Balkans ex Yugoslavia and I am planning to join Legion at august do you know when France will open borders for non EU countries ?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
From V:

Thanks for your recommendation but hotel is very expensive.

I'm not sure if V is talking about the hotel that I recommended for him, or in general. However by all accounts it looks as if he will have a bit of a wait until the Aubagne bureau boys get their fingers out. Why not take along a tent? Just make sure that you can lock it.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
This from J

Hello

I just found a Video where a guy stole a Uniform and did a hole in a fence. Then he entered the barracks of the FFL.
Here is the link to the video:
What do you think?

Best regards

(Please keep my email address secret from the forum)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Don't worry about that, It's the same as your name.

BTW it will one year tomorrow that anyone was been able to join the forum. this from L:

Hey Joe!

I hope you're still using quora,I'm still unable to get access to Cervens.I was wondering if there was any other way to contact you?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Joseph,

I've been stalking the forum for awhile now and understood there is an issue with new membership approvals. I did manage to register (as HudsonHawk) and it's now pending waiting for the moderator's approval. .
I understand you won't be answering questions via email which is more than understandable so I'm okay to have my question posted in the forum anonymously (I'm sure my son wouldn't approve if he knew his mum is stalking here ;) )
Or if you do know parents/ladies in a similar situation (or other forums, groups etc) I'd be more than happy to hear from them. Or where else to look for some suport. I'm okay about having my email forwarded privately if someone asks but I don't want my real name or contact information to be published:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My son is currently flying to France hoping to become a legionnaire and I, as a mum, am freaking out and have been trying to find if there are any other parents/girlfriends etc in a similar situation who to connect with. I saw that Ladies corner is quite quiet but if there are any parents in a similar situation it would be great to hear from the others somehow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Much appreciated if you have time to help out but no worries if not, I'm sure your inbox is packed!

Kind regards,

Hi HudsonHawk,

First of all allow me to apologize for taking so long to post this ( a week ) as I have been so busy with my own stuff I haven't gone on to my MS Outlook account for ages. There is nothing that we can do about the forum. The Boss has been contacted, although no response from him for the moment. I've even tried the "contact us" tab at the bottom of the Forum section.

Anyway back to your question. Your son will be alright, he's in good hands. There are a few people on here who are parents, I would be happy to pass on your coordinates to them if they contact me. I will be sure to check my Outlook account once a day I'll leave a message on here each time I do;
1. To keep the thread open
2. In case there are other people in the same boat as yourself.

So Alain, if you are out there and looking in (which I'm sure that you are) , you may be gone as the Loustic of the Forum and the Night Jumper in your head, but you are not forgotten.
In the meantime if anyone wants to give HudsonHawk some reassurance feel free to do so.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I got a reply from HudsonHawk, her son has been gone now for ten days (last time she heard from him) just before he entered the big gates.
I have asked for permission to publish a little more info about him.
However as I told her, no news is good news. He should be blue by now, but of course that does not mean anything until we know a little more about how the system is working with covid.
Anyway, the best of luck to him.

rashisan

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
This from J

Hello

I just found a Video where a guy stole a Uniform and did a hole in a fence. Then he entered the barracks of the FFL.
Here is the link to the video:
What do you think?

Best regards

Cold blooded bastard....here is the video where he stole the uniform:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.