Update - a year later...

Hi All,
I thought since it is a little quiet in the “Ladies corner”, I will give an update from here.
This past few weeks marked a year since my oldest left the Southern parts of Africa in the hope of making his dream – being accepted in the Legion - a reality. And what an experience so far; both for me and the 19year old I dropped off at the airport!
We met up with him, end of April at Castelnaudary on Camerone day. Although we did not understand a word of the ceremony in French, my camera worked overtime and I loved the whole parade!
We had lunch on base, at what I assume the officers dining room / club is, and moments later saw my son!
They had a few days off and we caught –up, on the training, life in the Legion and future posting. (Never imagined that a foreign language could be taught in such a short time….;))
Best of luck to all the young men (and older) in preparing - we followed most of the advice given here on the forum, but it is as far as I am concerned you can only find out that much on forums and websites regarding fitness, “Gestapo”, life in the Legion, medical and so on. At some stage you have to just go and find out yourself.
Regards

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Great stuff for you and your son. Can I just clear up something, when you say had a few days off, do you mean Camerone and May 1st. And when you say days off, you mean an interruption of training?

Great stuff for you and your son. Can I just clear up something, when you say had a few days off, do you mean Camerone and May 1st. And when you say days off, you mean an interruption of training?
Hi Joseph - not to sure if it is then to referred as "days off" or "interruption of training" - weekend of 6 May and back Sunday afternoon - so I guess it would be more accurate to say weekend off? Regards

Most viewed threads of the week