a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update and a advice

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
Hi guys, I wanted to update you on my situation and share some information. I'm reading almost every trade on the forum and decided to share some useful information (at least I hope it is useful ). I know not to share personal information but in my case it doesn't matter anymore.

Last year I was training for the FFL pretty seriously doing 15 pull ups (all the way down no kipping) running the beep test, Cooper test and 5 km. At the end of the year I had a tip from a buddy of mine that the Military Police in my country was recruiting for some new NATO base. So i decided to sign up and try.The physical exam was 70-75 push ups under 90 second, 70-75 crunches under 90 seconds, 1 km under 3:50 min ; 10-10 meters run under 27 seconds. So far so good, but then came the medical and psychological exam which might be even worse than the FFL ones (I've taken them three times when i was in the military). That was the point when they said that I can't be in any military service because I'm an ex-cancer patient... I didn't give up on the FFL and start researching if I can pass the medical exams there and how to hide my “condition”. In my case I've found out that it is possible to hide my problem (not going into details). The real problem was that every country in the EU has a medical database which can be accessed upon request. Seriously doubt that the FFL will miss that in my case (that is the opinion of a military doctor that i consulted as well).

My advice to anyone who has some medical problem especially from the countries in the EU to keep in mind that their medical history is easily reachable.

As for me my chances for trying to join the FFL are slim to none... More none than slim . I am really grateful to this forum for all the information that can't be found anywhere else. Thanks.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
That's pretty strange. I would tend to believe that any information about your medical condition is covered by the medical confidentiality rule, but I may be wrong. If you really want to join the Legion, you can always try and see what happens. After all Bulgaria is not that far from France.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I say go for it, as I've never come across such a thing as one country sharing any medial secrets with another. Could you imagine if there was a hacker..? He could bring down whole governments by proving such and such a PM or president has had syphilis or some other taboo illness.
(...) The real problem was that every country in the EU has a medical database which can be accessed upon request. (...)
B*llocks. Would you please provide the source of your information?