a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Iraq Embassy

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Another big difference, Trudeau, is a big twat mom's boy and the Iranians have no worries or cause for loss of sleep. Canada is weak and they don't have the Nads to do anything about it.
1578994717621.png President Trudeau before

1578994792130.png
Trou du c’ after his radicalisation.

All that is missing a turbin and a veste :ROFLMAO:

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Well, I have no proof or anything, of course, but my suspicious mind tells me that Putin’s cold, hard trigger finger was somewhere in the mix of the shooting down of that Ukrainian airplane. Perhaps further evidence will support my feelings.

La putin de sa race! 🥶

Remember, lads, you read it here first!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Well, I have no proof or anything, of course, but my suspicious mind tells me that Putin’s cold, hard trigger finger was somewhere in the mix of the shooting down of that Ukrainian airplane. Perhaps further evidence will support my feelings.

La putin de sa race! 🥶

Remember, lads, you read it here first!
he definitely had quite a career ...

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
(...) Another big difference, Trudeau, is a big twat mom's boy and the Iranians have no worries or cause for loss of sleep. Canada is weak and they don't have the Nads to do anything about it.
Yes, Canada is weak as it has a population of only around 32 million and the armed forces are under funded. Trudeau is as you described, and is causing the four western provinces to form a new political party and talk of separation from the rest of Canada. Personally I do not think it will materialize, just as it didn't for Québec (not anytime soon anyway). I hope that in the next election this pompous ass and inept politician will lose.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
We had a Canadian BC (Battery commander) around 85... He was a complete Tool. His "Fire Plans" :ROFLMAO: also did not go down well when he commented saying he did not trust "Bombardiers" as Gun No1s. True most were Sgts but we had a couple of full screws. Not that I dislike Canada because I was there 3 times at camp crow foot, Suffield was great. Loved the people I met and made us very welcome. Visited the Canadian Legion in Calgary .
I found the Australians more like our way of thinking as exchange soldiers.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
View attachment 5681 President Trudeau before

View attachment 5683
Trou du c’ after his radicalisation.

All that is missing a turbin and a veste :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, you think President Trump would roll over on an obvious, not accidental shoot down that killed 60+ Americans...far different response. And Trudeau's weak response and blaming President Trump for this will not appease the Mullahs, they only understand strength

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
This is true..

They understand Death and if you do not hammer them then they continue. But what can Canada do? Not much, they no longer have the capability of projecting power world wide, nor does most NATO Countries. Sexpert, over the Holiday I began to watch a documentary series "Brittan's Largest Warship, the HMS Queen Elizabeth." I was shocked, the Brits have had NO AIRCRAFT CARRIER for a Decade. Also, the RAF Pilot and Naval Test Pilot for the shake down cruise were tasked with test and evaluation of the HMS Queen Elizabeth and training how to handle the F35 Fighters. The F35s used were US Marine Corps F35s not the UKs

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
They understand Death and if you do not hammer them then they continue. But what can Canada do? Not much, they no longer have the capability of projecting power world wide, nor does most NATO Countries. Sexpert, over the Holiday I began to watch a documentary series "Brittan's Largest Warship, the HMS Queen Elizabeth." I was shocked, the Brits have had NO AIRCRAFT CARRIER for a Decade. Also, the RAF Pilot and Naval Test Pilot for the shake down cruise were tasked with test and evaluation of the HMS Queen Elizabeth and training how to handle the F35 Fighters. The F35s used were US Marine Corps F35s not the UKs
Most countries don't have carriers. Russia have only one old and crapy. I'm looking now... only 9 nations have carriers. Italy, china and UK have 2 each. Others have per 1. :) And you USMCRET have 11!

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Yeah, you think President Trump would roll over on an obvious, not accidental shoot down that killed 60+ Americans...far different response. And Trudeau's weak response and blaming President Trump for this will not appease the Mullahs, they only understand strength
The last phrase is exactly that, show any weakness and they will destroy you.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
They are having trouble finding crew to man the two carriers. Why? Would you beleive that it is beause the youth of today do not fancy traveling around the world, seeing action and living away from home. But must of all, a study says it is because they will be limited to access to social media while aboard. I kid you not.
Could you imagine not having access to cervens for weeks on end? o_O
("I'd sooner join the French foreign legion than be a boat in the middle of an ocean, then not be able to read Joe Cosgrove's posts") Taken from the Sun newspaper.
Actually the last part was made (by me) up to enhance my ego:oops:.

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Apropo the Russian Tor missile that shot down the Ukrainian airplane, I attach some facts for those who might be interested.

Tor missile
The closest foreign equivalent to the Tor, in function and operation, are systems like the British Rapier missile and French Crotale missile systems, which some consider to have somewhat less performance[8][9][10] than Tor (the other two systems being based on somewhat older equipment). All three systems are mobile and self-propelled, Tor using the 9A330 combat vehicle, which carries a crew of four (one driver, three operators), and acts as an autonomous Transporter, Launcher, And Radar unit, or TLAR (similar to but not a TELAR, as it does not erect the missile to a launch position). The 9A330 is based on the GM-355 chassis manufactured by MMZ, the Tor-M1 using the improved GM-5955.[11] It is equipped with NBC (nuclear, biological and chemical) protection. Like Rapier and Crotale, in addition to the tracked vehicle, there are also static and towed versions of the Tor, as well as a wheeled one. Mobility time is 3 minutes and it can be transported by any transport means (including aerial). The reaction time of the original Tor is 7–8 (standard) / 7–10 (if it is in motion) seconds.[4]EF33BD72-0238-4537-B9B8-88CAE4C4EE6C.jpeg
View attachment 5687

Quite a weapon!

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
And further more:
Re: Missile attack in Tehran

In the 90 minutes preceding the departure of Ukrainian International Airlines flight 752 there were four other departures; Qatar flight 3912 to Doha, Turkish Airlines flight 8732 to Istanbul, Atlas Global flight 1185 also to Instanbul, and Qatar flight 8408 to Hong Kong.

The two flights to Instanbul flew similar departures to AUI752 but both the Qatar Airlines flights flew markedly different departures. Qatar flight 3912 made an immediate left turn on departure whereas the flight that left immediately before AUI752, Qatar flight 8408, made an immediate right turn on departure.

The plot thickens 😠

BFB7882D-102D-4E34-B347-C6FEE8054E62.jpeg

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Tor, the Norse god of thunder. (Spelled Thor in English.)
  • Thor’s name is linked to the word ‘thunder’. It also gave rise to the day of the week Thursday.
  • Thor is an Aesir god (a warrior god) and he is the son of the ruler of the gods, Odin.
  • Thor is associated with many things. He is well-known for being linked to thunder, lightning, storms and strength, but he was also known as the protector of mankind and partly responsible for healing, fertility and law and order.

• Thor has over ten different names in Norse mythology.
  • He was married to goddess Sif.
  • Thor is often described as having fierce eyes and red hair.
  • Thor loved fighting – using his war hammer, Mjollnir, a magical belt that made him twice as strong, and iron gauntlets (gloves).
  • He also enjoyed feasting and drinking. (Just like Jonny!)
  • Thor had many adventures. He was the greatest enemy of the Giants, and he overcame the mighty serpent, Jormungand.
  • Thor rode a huge chariot pulled by two massive goats.
  • Many Vikings wore hammer-shaped amulet and pendants. These were to show that the wearer was a follower of the Norse pagan faith and rejected the coming of Christianity.
  • Funny that the Ruskies named their missile after a Norse god, really, but on the other hand, quite fittingly as well.
Full missile name is Tor- MI/SM -15 Gauntlet.

7B69D419-A3A3-4C92-AADF-3F65C78C2627.jpeg

Last edited: